VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 01:23:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You are either a Vol fan or you're not.  (Read 3082 times)
RON
Starter

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2013, 02:59:42 EDT »

I listen to sports talk shows when I can. On my way to work I listen to Doc,Jeff and Heather in the morning. On my way home I listen to John and Jimmy on Sportstalk or Russell W Smith on the DRIVE. Over the years I have listened to Mike Keith on Sportstalk,Dewey Warren and Tony Basilio. During all this time I have heard these 2 callers Small Mike and Jeff from Louisville. Those 2 guys love UT Football,Men Basketball and other men's sports but for some reason they hate the Lady Vols Basketball team. They both say they root for UCONN in womens basketball. They have been crowing all week for UCONN. I got 1 question for everyone. How can anyone claim to be a Vol fan but root against a UT team? I root for all of UT's teams. If UT has a checkers team then by golly I want them to win the national championship. I will be the 1st to admit I care way more about Football and Men's Basketball than I do the other UT Sports. But! I would love to see them all win the championship. You all would be surprised how many fans root for mens sports that hate the Lady Vols Basketball team. There are also Lady Vol fans who hate the men sports. Those people aren't true Vol fans in my opinion.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 03:47:07 EDT »

There are a lot of people out there like that. They root for the team, not the school. They're bandwagoners for the most part.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 06:08:38 EDT »

I've seen Lady Vols fans who don't like UT's football program.  Intraschool rivalry?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 09:08:48 EDT »

I listen to sports talk shows when I can. On my way to work I listen to Doc,Jeff and Heather in the morning. On my way home I listen to John and Jimmy on Sportstalk or Russell W Smith on the DRIVE. Over the years I have listened to Mike Keith on Sportstalk,Dewey Warren and Tony Basilio. During all this time I have heard these 2 callers Small Mike and Jeff from Louisville. Those 2 guys love UT Football,Men Basketball and other men's sports but for some reason they hate the Lady Vols Basketball team. They both say they root for UCONN in womens basketball. They have been crowing all week for UCONN. I got 1 question for everyone. How can anyone claim to be a Vol fan but root against a UT team? I root for all of UT's teams. If UT has a checkers team then by golly I want them to win the national championship. I will be the 1st to admit I care way more about Football and Men's Basketball than I do the other UT Sports. But! I would love to see them all win the championship. You all would be surprised how many fans root for mens sports that hate the Lady Vols Basketball team. There are also Lady Vol fans who hate the men sports. Those people aren't true Vol fans in my opinion.
small mike has a (very) small brain
In fact it is so small he rides on the luggage carrier on top of the short bus.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 04:41:51 EDT »

Personally, I cant stand womens basketball. I dont root for other schools but neither do I root for the Lady Vols. I just dont care for it. BTW....I absolutely hate baseball and dont root for the baseball team either.  MLB players are the most overpaid, juiced, arrogant, unathletic of the major sports.  I grew up playing baseball but now I refuse to watch it or even listen to someone talk about it on the radio.  However, in a wierd twist, I do like womens softball....that is a crazy fun thing to watch.  Hurling a softball at blazing speed on a small infield?.....pretty cool. I dont go out of my way to watch it but when I do run across it, I stop and watch for a while. Not sure if I am a bandwagonneer or not.   

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 05:02:28 EDT »

Even if I despised a sport and would never watch it, I would still want Tennessee to win at it.  If Tennessee had a curling team, I'd never watch but would want them to win.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 05:04:55 EDT »

I would much rather watch curling. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: