VTTW Board Index
May 17, 2024, 01:34:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Creek...  (Read 1835 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2014, 04:01:20 EST »

When you asked about TV recommendations a couple weeks ago, I said you should find a way to watch The Americans, even though it's not on Netflix.  Well, I just found out why- they signed an exclusive deal with Amazon Prime.  So if you get Prime (and if you don't, you should), you can watch it and get caught up before the new season begins in a couple weeks.

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 04:27:03 EST »

I'm a Prime customer. I'll check it out.

Speaking of Prime, I sure wish Amazon would expand its unlimited streaming selection. They have an awesome library of movies...they're already competing with Netflix fairly solid. If they'd open up a few more of those rentals to unlimited streaming...yeah.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 04:33:08 EST »

I'm a Prime customer. I'll check it out.

Speaking of Prime, I sure wish Amazon would expand its unlimited streaming selection. They have an awesome library of movies...they're already competing with Netflix fairly solid. If they'd open up a few more of those rentals to unlimited streaming...yeah.

I get Prime, but honestly, only for the free shipping.  I might check out their streaming selection every six months or so.  But it sounds like they're starting to catch up with Netflix.  I think in the future, you're going to be able to get just about any third party media over both services.  The main differentiator will be original programming- and that's an area where Netflix is far, far ahead right now.  And speaking of original programming, you know what starts on Friday, don't you?

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 05:00:46 EST »

I get Prime, but honestly, only for the free shipping.  I might check out their streaming selection every six months or so.  But it sounds like they're starting to catch up with Netflix.  I think in the future, you're going to be able to get just about any third party media over both services.  The main differentiator will be original programming- and that's an area where Netflix is far, far ahead right now.  And speaking of original programming, you know what starts on Friday, don't you?

Yep. I assume they'll release the entire season at once, per usual?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 05:25:31 EST »

Yep. I assume they'll release the entire season at once, per usual?

Yeah.  Guess I know what I'm doing this weekend.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: