VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 02:23:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC happy for now! Thoughts?  (Read 3138 times)
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 15, 2011, 05:31:28 EDT »

I could have went either way with it myself. Regardless, the sun is still going to come up and BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL STILL KICKS ARSE!!

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-satisfied-current-alignment-extend-invite-texas-am

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 05:39:04 EDT »

Doesn't really matter to me either way.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 05:43:40 EDT »

I could have went either way with it myself. Regardless, the sun is still going to come up and BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL STILL KICKS ARSE!!

I guess I am kind of old school, but I am happy it is a no go for now. I like the 12 team setup, though it wouldn't hurt my feelings to lose Arkie and USCe either.

But, expansion, I think, is inevitable.  If it does not happen now, it will happen at some point IMO. With that in mind, I certainly think aTm would be a great addition.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 06:22:59 EDT »

Expansion is still going to happen if Texas A&M fixes it to where the Big 12 can't sue the SEC. That statement about being happy for now means little.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2011, 07:41:33 EDT »

The Boss is correct.  A&M is still coming to the SEC, along with at least one other - and most likely 3 other - schools.  It is going to happen sooner rather than later.  The Big 12(really 11) is soon going to go the way of the SWC and Big 8.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 01:26:07 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6861385/sec-satisfied-current-alignment-extend-invite-texas-am

The SEC is playing it close to the vest....I have heard some rumouors that negotiations are going on between the UF Pres and AD and the FSU counterparts due to some issues with the ACC opt out clauses in FSU's contract.  FSU wants a piece of the SEC pie and the SEC wants to add FSU and A&M so they can go back to ESPN and renogotiate the current contract since it would add some serious cha ching to the SEC in regards to available content for ESPN to play on thier multitude of outlets.  I predict there will be two other teams invited in for the 2013 year and the SEC will be the first power conference and the stakes will get that much higher in the world of FBS football.

All of this is a big push to create a playoff the ESPN can televise and make oodles of billions more.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: