VTTW Board Index
May 12, 2024, 07:22:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game of Thrones returns this Sunday....  (Read 1377 times)
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2012, 05:18:52 EDT »

I really enjoyed the first season. Having not read the books, I didn't know what to expect and I was afraid it would be too far-fetched for my tastes, but although there are some shenanigans with dragons and the mysterious white walkers, it hasn't veered that far off into total fantasy. For the most part it's a very interesting, at least to me, and plausible study of power struggles in an early-medieval type kingdom. (I never really saw anything about what time period this is set in, but it looks a little too advanced for Dark Ages).

From the previews, Season two looks to be very promising with a variety of competing interests for the throne. You have cruel spoiled brat Joffrey sitting on the throne with Tyrion as the Hand of the King and the powerful Lannister family backing him up. It looks like Robb Stark and his followers are looking to break up the Seven Kingdoms by establishing Winterfell as a separate Kingdom in the North. Then you have the two competing brothers of King Robert jockeying for position and the threat of Danaerys Targaryen leading the Dothraki across the narrow sea to swoop in and take advantage of a divided kingdom, not to mention Littlefinger and Lord Varys in the background spinning webs of intrigue to increase their influence, all with the looming threat of winter coming.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 05:29:03 EDT »

Can't wait.  Unfortunately, I don't get HBO, so I have to wait until the next day and watch on HBO Go.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: