VTTW Board Index
May 11, 2024, 11:49:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4th and goal from the 9 and they throw a TD....  (Read 6580 times)
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:30:45 EDT »

Just pathetic. But a great catch by the MSU player.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 06:32:20 EDT »

That was a pretty stupid call, but it worked for them.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 02:20:23 EDT »

No, it was a gr8 call, safe play, and I am glad they scored. If the camels back was not already broke that may have done it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 07:10:11 EDT »

No, it was a gr8 call, safe play, and I am glad they scored. If the camels back was not already broke that may have done it.

Yes, let's root against this team and hope they go 3-9   

Cause it's all about how I feel. I am frustrated. I am angry.  I am upset.

Just fizzle the players, though, because all they do is show up to practice every day and work their asses off. But they deserve to go 3-9 because I am angry.

Sorry, I respect everyone's opinion that we need a coaching change.  I do not and never have said Dooley is the future.  I did and perhaps still do think we needed one more year (ie this year) with Dooley to truly let it play out, before making up my mind, but I will not - ever - in a million years - root against any Vol team because I dislike the coach.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:18:47 EDT »

Didn't say anything against the players. I see why it looks like that, but I didn't say that nor did I mean that. Still think it was a smart call though. Would you want your coach to take a knee there or take a chance on a fg being blocked? I dont think so. Of course you have to trust your qb to throw it where its a td or out of bounds.  I am also sure our lack of defensive prowess contributed to that call too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 08:24:06 EDT »

Didn't say anything against the players. I see why it looks like that, but I didn't say that nor did I mean that. Still think it was a smart call though. Would you want your coach to take a knee there or take a chance on a fg being blocked? I dont think so. Of course you have to trust your qb to throw it where its a td or out of bounds.  I am also sure our lack of defensive prowess contributed to that call too.

Oh it was a great call.  I would say that it could have been a dumb call if poorly executed, but so long as he throws the ball high enough to the far boundary so that only the receiver has a shot it's a good call.

My problem is that you seem gleeful that we lost and that they scored that last TD.

I won't ever be able to go there, for any reason. 

I do understand your frustration with the coaches, but it should never IMO extend to rooting against your own team, because that's basically what you seem to be doing above.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:33:15 EDT »

Oh it was a great call.  I would say that it could have been a dumb call if poorly executed, but so long as he throws the ball high enough to the far boundary so that only the receiver has a shot it's a good call.

My problem is that you seem gleeful that we lost and that they scored that last TD.

I won't ever be able to go there, for any reason. 

I do understand your frustration with the coaches, but it should never IMO extend to rooting against your own team, because that's basically what you seem to be doing above.

I've never seen any poster on this board have that attitude.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 08:44:40 EDT »

I've never seen any poster on this board have that attitude.

Really?  Then what does this mean?

I am glad they scored.

He's glad they scored.  What does that mean IV?  Splain it to me, cause I clearly don't understand.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 08:50:41 EDT »

Really?  Then what does this mean?

I am glad they scored.

He's glad they scored.  What does that mean IV?  Splain it to me, cause I clearly don't understand.

Let me help you out IV....did you mean you see a silver lining to us giving up that last TD?

While I still find that repugnant, it's definitely better than rooting against the Vols to ensure Dooley gets fired.

Which, whether they admit it or not, at least some of our fanbase is secretly doing.  Not necessarily anyone on here, and certainly not you Vinnie.   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2012, 10:02:14 EDT »

Let me help you out IV....did you mean you see a silver lining to us giving up that last TD?

While I still find that repugnant, it's definitely better than rooting against the Vols to ensure Dooley gets fired.

Which, whether they admit it or not, at least some of our fanbase is secretly doing.  Not necessarily anyone on here, and certainly not you Vinnie.   

Dooley and company could certainly have used he services of a talented mind reader yesterday. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2012, 10:10:56 EDT »

Dooley and company could certainly have used he services of a talented mind reader yesterday. 

Okay fine.  Some of our fanbase is probably doing.

Better?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2012, 10:12:18 EDT »

Let me add that I would lay about a grand on the proposition that some of our fanbase is rooting against Dooley and wants him to do poorly so that he gets fired.

It's an inherently unprovable proposition, but I would definitely make the bet. 

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2012, 11:27:28 EDT »

Let me see. I am glad they scored if glad is the correct word because it should remove any doubt about Dooley's capabilities. I was fully behind him just as I was Kiffin until yesterday. That game was inexcusable and if a late td that didnt matter whether we won or loss helped make a decision about the direction of this program then I am whatever emotion you want to attach to it.

I will never be glad of a loss, but we had already lost as the time was gone so the game was not in doubt. With that in mind I see no way I was "rooting" for a loss. I would appreciate it if you would consider that.

I will watch again next week in hopes of a miracle. Do me a bit of  a favor though please. Agree or disagree with me as much or as little as you see fit but I have been a Vol fan for a long time now and I have seen the bad the good the bad and the great and now the bad again. I'll be a fan tomorrow Lord willing I wake up tomorrow and until I leave this earth. Now whether my "brand" of fandom meets your standard is up to you but I think part of the issue just may be you are upset about all of this too, not just me. 

I hope you have a great rest of the Lord's day and hope to meet you at a game sometime in the future Lord willing and all.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 02:05:24 EDT »

Let me see. I am glad they scored if glad is the correct word because it should remove any doubt about Dooley's capabilities. I was fully behind him just as I was Kiffin until yesterday. That game was inexcusable and if a late td that didnt matter whether we won or loss helped make a decision about the direction of this program then I am whatever emotion you want to attach to it.

I will never be glad of a loss, but we had already lost as the time was gone so the game was not in doubt. With that in mind I see no way I was "rooting" for a loss. I would appreciate it if you would consider that.

I will watch again next week in hopes of a miracle. Do me a bit of  a favor though please. Agree or disagree with me as much or as little as you see fit but I have been a Vol fan for a long time now and I have seen the bad the good the bad and the great and now the bad again. I'll be a fan tomorrow Lord willing I wake up tomorrow and until I leave this earth. Now whether my "brand" of fandom meets your standard is up to you but I think part of the issue just may be you are upset about all of this too, not just me. 

I hope you have a great rest of the Lord's day and hope to meet you at a game sometime in the future Lord willing and all.

IV, I guess I would wonder why it would be a big deal if they scored or not.  The damage was already done.  We lost to the probably 6th or 7th best team in the SEC which means we are at best 7th in the conference and it makes it tough for Dooley to hold on to his job.

I don't think the final margin really mattered.

It did come off as you rooting against the Vols, but I am sure that in no way did you mean that.  I know that you are a very big Vol fan, and probably just really frustrated.

I would look forward to meeting you at a tailgate sometime, and no matter what happens, let's hope it turns out well for the Vols.   

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 02:52:12 EDT »

I would look forward to meeting you at a tailgate sometime, and no matter what happens, let's hope it turns out well for the Vols.

Amen brother. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 03:23:28 EDT »

That was a pretty stupid call, but it worked for them.
Why?
Their job was to score and our job was to stop them.  A pretty safe throw with Lathers in "coverage"

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 04:11:42 EDT »

Why?
Their job was to score and our job was to stop them.  A pretty safe throw with Lathers in "coverage"

Their QB did a great job of throwing it to where it was either going to be caught or be out of bounds.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: