VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 11:43:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ESPN recruiting just seems FOS  (Read 296 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2023, 08:06:26 EST »

Every year, no matter what, we are lower in ESPN rankings than Rivals or 24/7.  Don't know what it is, but ESPN even has junior ahead of us this year and we are only 7th in the SEC.  Much better on Rivals.  fizzle ESPN anyway.   

I guess this is now anti-climatic, but it was final signing day today. In case you didn't notice.

Used to be an early highlight of the offseason for me, something to look forward to not long after the bowl game, then have to settle for just spring practice prior to the season starting back up. But TBH, I lost a lot of interest even before the early signing day when we declined. It just wasn't as interesting to guess if our #17 ranking would improve us fro 5-7 to 6-6 the next season.  I prefer the old days of top 5 rankings and national prominence.

12th with Rivals isn't quite where we need to be, and honestly is about where Pruitt and Jones were on average.  But with Heupel as coach, I will take it (not to mention the portal is still open).

Good with the class, and looking forward to this fall!  (with more enthusiasm since at least 2016 and more likely 2008).

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 08:18:20 EST »

12th on Rivals, 9th on 247, 17th by ESPN

More important, the first 2 have us 4th in SEC behind bammer, uga and LSU, but ESPN has us 7th in SEC

ESPN always has us lower.  Not sure why, but fizzle THEM!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: