VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 08:23:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did Musberger just say that the Irish were this win away from a MNC?  (Read 3239 times)
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:08:44 EST »

I might be wrong, but the way the "national" media spit out the fact that the SEC has a chance probably has me biased.  Your opinions?
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:18:47 EST »

ESPN/ABC/Disney turned Musberger out to pasture years ago. He's really drooling over meals of toast and oatmeal in an assisted living institution somewhere (probably alongside Lou Holtz) while his likeness is delivered to us via hologram on ABC primetime CFB games.
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 05:26:57 EST »

Toast and oatmeal?  I like it.  I hope he at least gets jelly--Welch's Grape is the preferred choice.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 06:10:51 EST »

He sure did. He and Verne need to walk, hand-in-hand, off into the sunset!

G
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:14:48 EST »

Verne is far worse lol

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 04:53:01 EST »

Verne is far worse lol

You don't find Verne's chuckles and chortles and "Oh my's" amusing?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:54:41 EST »

You don't find Verne's chuckles and chortles and "Oh my's" amusing?

I find his constantly inaccurate information very irritating.  Not sure he knows what planet he's on anymore.   Finescum has Danielson on once a week and a couple of weeks ago he said to Danielson "I know you can't give a straight answer, but I bet you're really tired of having to correct Verne".   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 10:03:42 EST »

I find his constantly inaccurate information very irritating.  Not sure he knows what planet he's on anymore.   Finescum has Danielson on once a week and a couple of weeks ago he said to Danielson "I know you can't give a straight answer, but I bet you're really tired of having to correct Verne".   

I remember when Verne was the voice of the Dallas Cowboys. He had His head up Landry's a&& every game

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 10:08:15 EST »

Well I will say this - Verne has a long history in the business and if he wants to hang on, I guess that's a good thing.  Sometimes when you take away an old person's job they die from not having anything to do anymore.   

I have passed the point of irritation with Verne and now find him amusing, actually.  It's much funner to laugh at his mistakes than get irritated with them.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: