VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 10:01:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So  (Read 8355 times)
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
So
« on: November 25, 2012, 05:28:11 EST »

More than likely two of College Football's Most Storied Program play for the NC. Should be a good game but I predict Bama running away with it.

GO VOLS!   
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 05:39:34 EST »

I've taught you right son!  I instilled the dislike for nasty dame early in your life and it still holds!  Brings a tear to my eye!
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 05:42:03 EST »

I HATE both teams equally just can't pull for Nasty Dame over Bama.

GO VOLS! 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:24:14 EST »

What happens if UGA wins?  Would it then be UF?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:28:55 EST »

No uga would play nd.  And we will forever hear that "uga didnt beat florida" for decades to come

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 02:44:50 EST »

More than likely two of College Football's Most Storied Program play for the NC. Should be a good game but I predict Bama running away with it.

GO VOLS!   

Georgia has a pretty good chance to beat Alabama

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:52:43 EST »

Is that game actually going to happen?  Is Slive going to step in and call it off?  I thought UGA didn't have to play Bama, ever.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 03:03:54 EST »

Is that game actually going to happen?  Is Slive going to step in and call it off?  I thought UGA didn't have to play Bama, ever.

I'm starting to think the BCS Championship game will be Georgia-Notre Dame. 1980 all over again

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 04:40:17 EST »

Georgia has a pretty good chance to beat Alabama

yep

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 04:42:35 EST »

No uga would play nd.  And we will forever hear that "uga didnt beat florida" for decades to come

I mispoke on this.  I meant to say, it must really rile the Florida fans to see UGA, of all teams, in the SECCG with a clear path to the mNC, while Muschamp lobbied for Florida, apparently hoping that Notre Dame would lose, because Florida has no shot at all this year.  Because they lost.  To Georgia. 

Flea
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 07:56:45 EST »

I mispoke on this.  I meant to say, it must really rile the Florida fans to see UGA, of all teams, in the SECCG with a clear path to the mNC, while Muschamp lobbied for Florida, apparently hoping that Notre Dame would lose, because Florida has no shot at all this year.  Because they lost.  To Georgia. 

Obviously we wish we were in the SECCG, but it doesn't "rile" me to see UGA there. They beat us fair and square. At 11-1 we are way better than most Gator fans thought we'd be this year, with four wins against teams with only two losses. The future looks bright. About the only gripe I have regarding UGA is that they didn't play any decent teams from the SECW for the second year in a row, whereas we played (and beat) TAMU and LSU. But UGA doesn't make the SEC schedule. It is what it is, and had we taken care of business in the WLOCP we'd be in Atlanta next week. But I'm very happy with our season and a Sugar Bowl berth. If UGA does manage to beat Bama, I'll just declare the season over after the Sugar Bowl and remain blissfully ignorant of the outcome of a Notre Dame - UGA BCS title game 
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 08:12:29 EST »

Obviously we wish we were in the SECCG, but it doesn't "rile" me to see UGA there. They beat us fair and square. At 11-1 we are way better than most Gator fans thought we'd be this year, with four wins against teams with only two losses. The future looks bright. About the only gripe I have regarding UGA is that they didn't play any decent teams from the SECW for the second year in a row, whereas we played (and beat) TAMU and LSU. But UGA doesn't make the SEC schedule. It is what it is, and had we taken care of business in the WLOCP we'd be in Atlanta next week. But I'm very happy with our season and a Sugar Bowl berth. If UGA does manage to beat Bama, I'll just declare the season over after the Sugar Bowl and remain blissfully ignorant of the outcome of a Notre Dame - UGA BCS title game 

I'd have to root for ND,I don't want to hear about the 2012 National Championship for the next 30 years

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 03:25:31 EST »

But UGA doesn't make the SEC schedule. It is what it is, and had we taken care of business in the WLOCP we'd be in Atlanta next week.

Are you sure?  Because it looks to me like bammer and uga are running Slive, somehow.  I am joking, but on an actual serious note, a big bama friend of mine said way back in the spring, when the new SEC schedule was still being worked, that bama was worried about having to play Tamu on the road in September.  And behold...not bama but UF ended up doing that, and y'all almost lost.  Which actually does make me wonder...they were worried about something, and it didn't happen.  Almost looks to me like the SEC front office smoothed the way for bama.... ...but who knows.

Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 03:53:53 EST »

Are you sure?  Because it looks to me like bammer and uga are running Slive, somehow.  I am joking, but on an actual serious note, a big bama friend of mine said way back in the spring, when the new SEC schedule was still being worked, that bama was worried about having to play Tamu on the road in September.  And behold...not bama but UF ended up doing that, and y'all almost lost.  Which actually does make me wonder...they were worried about something, and it didn't happen.  Almost looks to me like the SEC front office smoothed the way for bama.... ...but who knows.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 03:57:32 EST »

LOL.  Well there is a ton of money in the SEC winning the MNC, so you can't question the motive.  It's there.

But how do you think uga and bammer have such easy schedules this year?  Random chance?  Luck of the draw?? 

Or is it that bama really didn't want to play Tamu on the road in September, which according to my bama friend was about to happen, pushed back, and due to their clout from winning two of the last three MNCs, got their way?

Not far fetched at all.....

Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 03:59:54 EST »

What I think is this: a couple of years ago (when Kiffin was at UT), everyone was convinced that Jeremy Foley was in bed with Slive. Now we're making the case that Mal Moore is sleeping in Slive's bed and Slive is forcing Florida to play an undesirable game because Bama didn't want to? How did Foley fall out of favor so quickly?
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:19 EST »

thought of them winning the MNC, or even playing in it, so I'm pulling for Ga to win the SECCG. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 04:03:23 EST »

What I think is this: a couple of years ago (when Kiffin was at UT), everyone was convinced that Jeremy Foley was in bed with Slive. Now we're making the case that Mal Moore is sleeping in Slive's bed and Slive is forcing Florida to play an undesirable game because Bama didn't want to? How did Foley fall out of favor so quickly?

Slive favors those teams that seem likely to remain undefeated, is all.  A few years ago it was UF when Urban was there, now it's bammer and Uga.  UF did go 7-5 last year, and until they played us I thought they would lose 3-4 this year.   I would guess Slive came to the same conclusion. 

My opinion formed over the last 3-4 years is that he does in fact try to set up an SECCG that is essentially a semifinal to the MNC.  It has worked pretty well IYAM.  ICBW, of course, but it sure looks that way.

Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 04:04:44 EST »

But this is the first year that the schedules have been open for manipulating, at least to this extent. How was Slive able to create an advantage for his anointed teams in years past?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 04:12:35 EST »

But this is the first year that the schedules have been open for manipulating, at least to this extent. How was Slive able to create an advantage for his anointed teams in years past?

Ridiculous calls by the refs went the way of bammer and uf in 2009.  Including a review of an int by LSU that could have swung that game, of which ELI GOLD said "no way is this call overturned".  But then it was.   

There were quite a few of those for both UF and bammer, and lo and behold, whoever won the SECCG that year was almost certain to play for the MNC.

And yes, this is more worthy of your picture above than the schedule manipulation thing, but I was not the only one who thought a lot of calls went the way of UF and bammer in 2009. 

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2012, 07:30:36 EST »

If Georgia wins I'll pull for Dawgs against the Irish. If the Dawgs happen to lose Saturday, I guess I'll be forced to pull for the Crimson Tide of Alabama. Maybe.

BG
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2012, 02:04:11 EST »

If Georgia wins I'll pull for Dawgs against the Irish. If the Dawgs happen to lose Saturday, I guess I'll be forced to pull for the Crimson Tide of Alabama. Maybe.

BG
I. Just. Don't. See. It.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: