VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 09:07:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chattanooga HS coaches didn't lke Dooley  (Read 7035 times)
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2012, 07:32:28 EST »

Man, these guys are puttin it on the line here. I had heard for some time that people who worked with Dooley thought he was an arrogant jerk, but so did these high school coaches. Oh yeah, Dooley and his staff had a great handle on recruiting. Man, how could Hamilton have been so blamed stupid?

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2012/nov/25/area-teams-ignored-by-dooley-staff/?sports
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 02:10:02 EST »

Wow that speaks  volumes.  Might suggest a new coach could have some instant success there.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:33:26 EST »

So Dooley scaled down our recruiting from "national" to "regional", yet still missed areas of his OWN STATE?  Granted this area doesn't crank them out at the volume of Memphis and Nashville, but going back 20 years, there's a very impressive list of players from here.  Off the top of my head: Gerald Riggs, Da'rick Rogers, Eric Westmoreland, John Becksvort, Demonte Bolden, the Bullocks Twins (All Americans at Nebraska), Jaquez Smith, and many more that I'm forgetting.  You don't just ignore that.  If Fulmer, who scattered his recruiters from Miami to Seattle to Honolulu and all points in between, could still make time to get here, then Dooley has no excuse.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:35:07 EST »

Hopefully the next Coach can start pulling in local players in Tennessee. I'm sick of Kentucky being able to go to Maryville or the Nashville area and get great players!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:50:20 EST by WoodstockVol » Logged

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 02:51:16 EST »

So Dooley scaled down our recruiting from "national" to "regional", yet still missed areas of his OWN STATE?  Granted this area doesn't crank them out at the volume of Memphis and Nashville, but going back 20 years, there's a very impressive list of players from here.  Off the top of my head: Gerald Riggs, Da'rick Rogers, Eric Westmoreland, John Becksvort, Demonte Bolden, the Bullocks Twins (All Americans at Nebraska), Jaquez Smith, and many more that I'm forgetting.  You don't just ignore that.  If Fulmer, who scattered his recruiters from Miami to Seattle to Honolulu and all points in between, could still make time to get here, then Dooley has no excuse.

Gerald Riggs Jr sucked,He wouldn't practice or even attempt to block

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 04:09:32 EST »

Hopefully the next Coach can start pulling in local players in Tennessee. I'm sick of Kentucky being able to go to Maryville or the Nashville area and get great players!

Exactly! If bammer, the dawgs, and other top programs can keep a presence there, we certainly could! Just shows Dooley and his team just didn't understand recruiting or the job. No wonder we went from bad to extremely bad under Dooley.
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 04:36:29 EST »

He rushed for 1,000 yards one season.  So he definitely didn't suck.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 04:45:36 EST »

I graduated from Red Bank here in Chattanooga.......................2 years behind another Vol kicker Becksvoort........................
For about 2 1/2 years RIGGS was a SPOILT BRAT..........CAUSE of who his daddy was I would guess, but he was a Damn good RB his JR/SR seasons

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:48:56 EST by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 04:47:30 EST »

Man, these guys are puttin it on the line here. I had heard for some time that people who worked with Dooley thought he was an arrogant jerk, but so did these high school coaches. Oh yeah, Dooley and his staff had a great handle on recruiting. Man, how could Hamilton have been so blamed stupid?

http://www.tfponline.com/news/2012/nov/25/area-teams-ignored-by-dooley-staff/?sports
I read that in the paper this AM........................doesn't suprise me................he was always a REAL SMART ASS TO THE LOCAL MEDIA WHEN HE FELT HE WAS BEING QUESTIONED
GOOD RIDANCE!

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:50:24 EST by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 04:49:18 EST »

It wasn't just Chattanooga-area H.S. coaches who didn't like him.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 04:51:48 EST »

LOCAL KNOXVILLE COACHES???

Go Big Orange.
101stDad
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 04:55:54 EST »

LOCAL KNOXVILLE COACHES???

Yes.  With only a couple of exceptions, Knoxville area coaches whom I have spoken with pretty much mirror what the Chattanooga area coaches said in that Times-Free Press piece. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 04:57:23 EST »

Yes.  With only a couple of exceptions, Knoxville area coaches whom I have spoken with pretty much mirror what the Chattanooga area coaches said in that Times-Free Press piece. 

Yep.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2012, 05:19:31 EST »

Creek, I had heard exactly the same thing about the Memphis HS coaches as well. Dooley was a complete failure in so many vital areas of his job, hard to believe how inept this guy really was.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2012, 05:52:16 EST »

Creek, I had heard exactly the same thing about the Memphis HS coaches as well. Dooley was a complete failure in so many vital areas of his job, hard to believe how inept this guy really was.

I'd take what Memphis coaches say with a grain of salt.  They're probably ju$t up$et that Dooley didn't recruit Memphi$ the way $ome of our $EC $i$ter $chool$ recruited Memphi$.

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2012, 06:03:33 EST »

I'd take what Memphis coaches say with a grain of salt.  They're probably ju$t up$et that Dooley didn't recruit Memphi$ the way $ome of our $EC $i$ter $chool$ recruited Memphi$.

is it me, or is there a sneaky subliminal message goin on here?
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2012, 06:11:58 EST »

is it me, or is there a sneaky subliminal message goin on here?

I guess what ever it takes to get back to the top!

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 04:52:47 EST »

I guess what ever it takes to get back to the top!

Uh no, not that.  We could put DuBose and Dye on staff if you want though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 04:58:00 EST »

Uh no, not that.  We could put DuBose and Dye on staff if you want though.

Nope

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: