VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 03:27:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Although I'm not a ND fan....  (Read 3714 times)
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2012, 03:23:32 EST »

I might have to cheer for them against Bama or UGA this year in the NC game -- simply because our new bossman (TRO) is a fan!  WHOO!  :)   It's called SUCKING UP folks!!!!!       

And I really really really really really do HATE those UGALY DAWGS and BAMA!   

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 04:15:43 EST »

I will never root for Notre Dame under any circumstances. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 04:17:06 EST »

I will never root for Notre Dame under any circumstances. 

Change bama for Notre Dame and I agree.   
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 04:23:34 EST »

Guess I'm old fashioned, I will always root for an SEC team. Always. 
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 04:26:07 EST »

I'll pull for ND over Bama, UGA over ND.

And I probably won't watch the entire game of either match-up. One time, years ago, I wasn't interested in that year's Super Bowl and I watched an Andy Griffith Show marathon on TBS. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 04:47:11 EST »

Guess I'm old fashioned, I will always root for an SEC team. Always.  

That's not old fashioned; a lot of fans are like that.    I'm not one of them.    I know a lot of young people who have strong conference loyalty and a lot of oldsters who couldn't care less about other SEC teams, and that has been true form the late 60s through today.  Had either Oregon or K State not lost, and ND had not won, I would would have rooted for either of them against any SEC team other than Tennessee.  I root for a team by how much I like the teams involved, regardless of conference tie.  For instance, I was rooting hard for UF over FSU and South Carolina over Clemson, and I probably always will.  But, I would root for almost any team over bama.  And, when they play someone like Miami, I just don't care and won't watch or root for either team.  I learned my lesson.  I rooted for bama twice and they lost both, and I felt dirty afterward.    BTW, I'd pull for ND against any team other than Tennessee too.    Go Irish!    
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:03:23 EST by TheRealOrange » Logged
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 05:18:56 EST »

I agree, go Irish against either of the two. Unfortunately, I do not think they can beat either which makes this coming Saturday's SECC game for the Nat'l Championship.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 06:12:11 EST »

But I know your brother is a happy camper as is my son since they're both Notre Dame fans. Makes me sick though, but I have to root for an SEC team.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 06:56:11 EST »

I'm not really a fan of any team left.  I would be irritated by any one of them winning the BCS title at this point, so now I just have to try and sort out who I hate less.  I don't really hate ND, so I wouldn't mind them winning it.  I love their history and the pageantry associated with ND.  Love their band, anytime they've come to Knoxville I've enjoyed the crap out of their band.

Although, I'd like to see the SEC's run continue.  But who do I hate less?  Bama or UGA?  That's an impossible choice.  Bama already has like 30 of them, what's one more?  I don't think I could handle UGA winning it, to be honest.  Even though I like Mark Richt.  Ugh, it's not a good scenario at all.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 09:47:25 EST »

Same here.  There is no team worse than bammer, ever.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 10:40:58 EST »

I will be pulling for whatever team needs to score whatever point in my football squares contest that evening to win some $$.  Makes the game much more tolerable having to watch Bama, Georgia or Irish playing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: