VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 08:25:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's going to be Gruden..  (Read 6462 times)
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2012, 04:53:26 EST »

Just hearing too much of this same story from very reliable sources. Now that Hart and the AD has considerably more power and leverage, I truly think Hart is just working on a few items that needed to be addressed with Admin a long time ago. The AD and coach will have the type control, authority, that exists at Alabama, & other successful schools. Our AD & HC will no longer be handcuffed as they have been in the past. Official offer will be made to Gruden after Hart finishes these items off, and these folks feel that he will be our next HC. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is indeed where things stand, but i'm feeling much better about Gruden.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 05:00:29 EST »

Hyams said there was an impasse and that Tennessee was going on to other Candidates

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 06:34:29 EST »

Hyams said there was an impasse and that Tennessee was going on to other Candidates

Hyams is saying exactly what he was supposed to say, what he was fed. I think we have an announcement this week, possibly Monday. Hold onto your hats boys Gruden ball is about to begin! GO VOLS!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 06:41:06 EST »

Hyams is saying exactly what he was supposed to say, what he was fed. I think we have an announcement this week, possibly Monday. Hold onto your hats boys Gruden ball is about to begin! GO VOLS!

If true,I hope He's not another Lame Kiffin

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 06:44:48 EST »

I hope it's Gruden. But I am not confident that it will be. I was told some things Thursday by someone very close to one of our two biggest boosters that leads me to believe the Gruden ship has sailed. This lines up with what Hyams was already reporting at the time and what several other talking heads -- including Hubbs and Basilio and others -- have said since then. This person could very well be wrong, but he's been accurate in the past and at this point I'm going to have to see it to believe it.

It's easy to believe that the AD is simply feeding these media types misinformation. But remember that they have a vested interest to get it right. If they're playing along, they aren't knowingly doing so just to help Hart keep a lid on things. I might buy Hubbs doing that to some degree, since he has a vested interest in keeping the AD happy (as an employee of the Vol Network, he isn't directly employed by the university, but close enough). The rest of them, though? No way. So if they're playing along, they're doing so naively . . . which means the message is being controlled from both within and outside the university.

It is hard to believe that there isn't still some fire behind the smoke, and lots of folks who are known only by messageboard monikers yet have built a bit of a reputation for being well connected to the program are still all-in on the Gruden talk. But I would caution everyone to remember what was happening in Arkansas this past week. If anyone kept up with that situation, they noticed how everyone was ignoring what the media was reporting because they were convinced that it was going to be Gruden. In fact, there were numerous folks claiming inside information who convinced everyone that Gruden would be announced at a press conference on Saturday and that the media was just being spoon-fed misinformation by the AD out there and would wind up with egg on their faces. Sound familiar? We now know how that turned out.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 07:48:06 EST »

Of course, I don't have to tell you that these are my opinions based upon what I'm hearing from some sources that have been very reliable in the past. The sources could be wrong, which would make me also wrong, heaven knows it wouldn't be the first time. But I am feeling very excited about things that are making sense to me.
 I don't believe the media is involved in a deliberate attempt to mislead the public. I do believe it's very possible that they have been leaked info that works to benefit these negotiations, wouldn't be the first time.
 It's hard for me to believe how any prudent individual could have ever thought that Arky stood any chance of landing Gruden, but then I'm not a pig. But UT, now that's a horse of a much different color. Can't wait to find out how this horse runs the course. Still very much believe though that Gruden is our next head coach.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 11:44:22 EST »

We'll see who's right.  I believe it's Gruden and the misinformation theory.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 01:56:11 EST »

We'll see who's right.  I believe it's Gruden and the misinformation theory.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 03:17:40 EST »

So apparently Gruden makes a ton of money from the Madden video games. I'm kinda convinced at this point that it isn't Gruden. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 03:32:26 EST »

So apparently Gruden makes a ton of money from the Madden video games. I'm kinda convinced at this point that it isn't Gruden.  

If he were coming to coach at UT it was never going to be about making more money than he does now. That's not going to happen no matter where he coaches. It's about wanting the challenge of coaching again.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 03:55:06 EST »

If he were coming to coach at UT it was never going to be about making more money than he does now. That's not going to happen no matter where he coaches. It's about wanting the challenge of coaching again.

Agree, but he almost certainly will make more than his MNF gig ($4.4 million a year).  You would almost have to give him more for appearance sake.  I read somewhere (right or wrong) that he wants to be in the top 3, which would definitely be over $5 million.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 03:58:26 EST »

Agree, but he almost certainly will make more than his MNF gig ($4.4 million a year).  You would almost have to give him more for appearance sake.  I read somewhere (right or wrong) that he wants to be in the top 3, which would definitely be over $5 million.

But UT couldn't match what he's making with his endorsements added in, nor could UT match what an NFL team would pay him. It's almost a given that he could make $7m in the NFL next season.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 04:01:10 EST »

But UT couldn't match what he's making with his endorsements added in, nor could UT match what an NFL team would pay him. It's almost a given that he could make $7m in the NFL next season.

He can make endorsements no matter where he is.  Granted, he might be less marketable at UT than on MNF, but I think he would still be in demand.

Don't know how it works with Madden, but I guess if he's not doing MNF he doesn't get that gig anymore.  But there are plenty other sources of outside income.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 04:02:38 EST »

He can make endorsements no matter where he is.  Granted, he might be less marketable at UT than on MNF, but I think he would still be in demand.

Don't know how it works with Madden, but I guess if he's not doing MNF he doesn't get that gig anymore.  But there are plenty other sources of outside income.

Sure, he'll make some extra money on the side. But those video game franchises are big bucks and I'm guessing Hooters pays quite a bit more than First Tennessee Bank.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2012, 04:04:34 EST »

Sure, he'll make some extra money on the side. But those video game franchises are big bucks and I'm guessing Hooters pays quite a bit more than First Tennessee Bank.

Would he have to give up Hooters actually?  They do wear Orange (but just a little bit of it)   

Creek Walker
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 04:05:37 EST »

Would he have to give up Hooters actually?  They do wear Orange (but just a little bit of it)   

I'm guessing Hooters would not have a specific coach as their spokesman, and I'm guessing the UT BOT would frown on it as well.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 04:09:09 EST »

I'm guessing Hooters would not have a specific coach as their spokesman, and I'm guessing the UT BOT would frown on it as well.

Yeah I know.  But they do wear Orange.   

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 04:24:01 EST »

No state income tax in TN.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 04:27:51 EST »

Yeah I know.  But they do wear Orange.   

HOOTERS THE OFFICIAL RESTAURANT OF UT ATHLETICS!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: