VTTW Board Index
May 16, 2024, 04:53:33 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If, like me, you thought it was too late to get Star Wars tix on opening weekend  (Read 4843 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2015, 03:24:51 EST »

...well, it's probably not.  Just went on Fandango, and just about every theater around here still has availability.  I'll taking off work early next Friday and seeing it in Imax 3D.

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 05:20:11 EST »

I have had an IMax 3D ticket for a Friday 10:00 A.M. showing for a while. It is fun to be retired and to get a Senior discount!!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 05:42:31 EST »

10:00am???!! I'm retired and I hadn't had my first pee by 10am. I would have to go to the theater in my PJs.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 01:36:28 EST »

There are still seats in the 3D showings around here but not the regular showings. I don't like 3D and I guess there are a lot of people like me. We got tix a week ago for a Sunday matinee and there were still a handful available then. By now I'd imagine that first weekend is booked up (in 2D anyway).

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 04:48:44 EST »

I already have tickets, going with my older daughter, her friend, and her friend's dad. We're seeing it on the 18th, at Movie tavern here - nice setup. You get full restaurant style food, reserved table, and beer as well, while you watch the movie!

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 04:54:00 EST »

Movie tavern here - nice setup. You get full restaurant style food, reserved table, and beer as well, while you watch the movie!

Ditch the daughter and take me.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2015, 05:13:27 EST »

Ditch the daughter and take me.

yeah right... she's actually a big star wars fan, seen all 6 movies and loves them. They're really going for the young female demographic more with the new series as well.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2015, 05:17:04 EST »

yeah right... she's actually a big star wars fan, seen all 6 movies and loves them. They're really going for the young female demographic more with the new series as well.

It's Disney....are there any younger white males in the movie at all?  I haven't seen any.

More Disney discrimination against white males.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2015, 05:45:37 EST »

It's Disney....are there any younger white males in the movie at all?  I haven't seen any.

More Disney discrimination against white males.  

This won't be your father's Disney movie! But yes, the leads look to be a female white and a male black - so absolutely tons of discrimination against white males is in play here, there just aren't enough roles for white males these days.  
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 09:11:02 EST »

I already have tickets, going with my older daughter, her friend, and her friend's dad. We're seeing it on the 18th, at Movie tavern here - nice setup. You get full restaurant style food, reserved table, and beer as well, while you watch the movie!

We got a theater like that downtown a couple years ago.  It's interesting to me that that kind of setup is just now becoming big.  The first time I saw a theater like that, I was in tech school in Biloxi in 1992 (actually lost my Rocky Horror virginity at that place).  And I never saw another again until a few years ago.  Weird.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2015, 10:04:40 EST »

They had a theater like that in Destin Florida several years ago. Drink beer, eat pizza and watch a movie. Good stuff.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2015, 11:02:00 EST »

Used to be a theater that served food and drinks in West Knoxville out in Bearden. But it closed years ago because of cash flow to owners and bills/taxes not being paid. It was an out crappy place and the multi-plexes put it out of business.

I keep hoping Regal will set up one in Knoxville. Although with my old-man's bladder, I would need to go more than once a movie if I could drink beer>
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2015, 11:24:04 EST »

We got a theater like that downtown a couple years ago.  It's interesting to me that that kind of setup is just now becoming big.  The first time I saw a theater like that, I was in tech school in Biloxi in 1992 (actually lost my Rocky Horror virginity at that place).  And I never saw another again until a few years ago.  Weird.

There's one like that in Huntsville.  You order the food and drinks outside the theater, so if you run out of beer you have to make a run during the film.  By "outside" I mean it's like a conccesion stand. 

I watched the 3D version of The Martian there, and since I had already seen it in 2D, making a few beer runs was not an issue.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: