VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 01:07:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The VOL Offense has scored 34 more points this year (in 6 games)  (Read 944 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2021, 07:23:05 EDT »

than the team did in 10 games last year!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 07:09:28 EDT »

Yep.  For all the talk that Mizzou and junior are fighting to find out who is 12 and 13 in the SEC (justifiably), Gomer would have barely beaten them at best.  It is refreshing to us handle admittedly weak teams and treat them as they deserve.  No more playing down to level of the competition.  At least, not for now.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 11:16:56 EDT »

That stat is slightly skewed by the fact that those 10 games last season were all against SEC opponents. That said, there can be no argument on the increased effectiveness of not only the offense this season but also the defense. It’s refreshing to see improvement and coaching going on in Knoxville.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:36:48 EDT by JeffCountyVolFan » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 12:24:04 EDT »

That stat is slightly skewed by the fact that those 10 games last season were all against SEC opponents. That said, there can be no argument on the increased effectiveness of not only the offense this season but also the defense. It’s refreshing to see improvement and coaching going on in Knoxville.
They Pruitt offense would have needed 2-3 MORE games to get to what this offense has done in 6
BTW, they have scored >100 against the last two SEC schools they faced (that they also played last year)

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2021, 02:15:15 EDT »

They Pruitt offense would have needed 2-3 MORE games to get to what this offense has done in 6
BTW, they have scored >100 against the last two SEC schools they faced (that they also played last year)
I’m not disputing any of that. The offense under Pruitt was “offensive”. It may very well have taken more than 2 or 3 games last year to get to where we are this year. 

I’m very pleased with the new staff and the progress and improvement that I’ve seen so far. I’m becoming more optimistic by week that CJH might be the guy that turns this thing around - after promising myself I wouldn’t fall into that trap again.

Ten SEC football games is hardly comparable to TTU, Bowling Green, and Pitt in the schedule though (along with the worst looking performance by an SEC defense that I’ve maybe ever seen in our game against Mizzou). 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 02:56:00 EDT »

Ten SEC football games is hardly comparable to TTU, Bowling Green, and Pitt in the schedule though (along with the worst looking performance by an SEC defense that I’ve maybe ever seen in our game against Mizzou). 

Very true. But our highest scores were against Mizzou and SC.   

I realize those are two bad teams.  Heck, Pruitt beat them both last year, but SC has a decent defense. They held UK to 16.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2021, 03:10:25 EDT »

Very true. But our highest scores were against Mizzou and SC.   

I realize those are two bad teams.  Heck, Pruitt beat them both last year, but SC has a decent defense. They held UK to 16.
USCe has indeed played ok on the defensive side of the ball.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2021, 01:14:12 EDT »

I just want to see what they do against Bama and UGa. If they keep it close that would be a start. I would like to have a do over with UF though.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 04:41:03 EDT »

I just want to see what they do against Bama and UGa. If they keep it close that would be a start. I would like to have a do over with UF though.

Volsheimer's!

But as much as I used to resent the gators saying that, I'm glad it's back.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: