VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 06:09:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Kiffin's first year at UT.............  (Read 1950 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 18, 2019, 05:10:03 EDT »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27638015/trash-talk-mattress-fires-flying-projector-lane-kiffin-year-tennessee
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 06:48:12 EDT »

"He told me, 'I wouldn't leave right now. They'll think you're trying to sneak Lane out of the building and will bust all of your windows out,'" Parrott recounted. "So I went back inside, waited it out and put out a few more mattresses [that were] on fire."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 07:13:06 EDT »

It's an interesting read, for sure.  I remember getting a text from my bro in law saying "Pete Carroll to Seattle, Lane might leave" and I just laughed it off.  I didn't think USC would want him only having a year of CFB head coaching under his belt.  Then I remember finding out by seeing it at the bottom of the ESPN ticker...  our world as Vol fans certainly changed that day.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2019, 07:30:50 EDT »

I think he would have been successful. But the question is: Would we go on probation to pay for it?
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2019, 07:42:07 EDT »

Only UT could have things going in the right direction with him and his killer staff and USCw gets him on their 5th choice
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2019, 08:58:53 EDT »

I didn't like him because of his brashness and the stupid stunts he pulled...but that was a fun season. We only appreciated it in hindsight because that was the first year post-Fulmer, we were just two years removed from winning the SEC East, and we were still naive enough to think we would always be a part of the national conversation. 
BrazosVol
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2019, 10:12:15 EDT »

Kiffin predicting a Vol win this weekend.  Oh God, Lane, don't help!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2019, 11:46:43 EDT »

Kiffin predicting a Vol win this weekend.  Oh God, Lane, don't help!

Eh, maybe he's right.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 11:51:11 EDT »

It was a lot of rehashing for me.  One new thing I did learn is that he patterned himself after SOS.  Did not know that, but definitely makes sense.

I was steaming during the reading of the FG attempt where he discusses Lincoln's injury with an assistant coach and then says, hey, it might not work but look how worried Saban is.

Hey #badword# you have 38 seconds left, try to get closer!

I will never, never, never ever forgive that fizzleing POS for that decision.  A fizzleing pee wee coach would have known better.  He fizzleing KNEW Lincoln was injured, not worth a shizzle and had already missed twice that day from similar distances and chose to run the clock down.  Against bama.  In the year of Saban's first naty, which we might have just prevented, if Kiffin didn't have his head up his arse.     

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 01:30:43 EDT »

Monte Kiffin told ESPN the family regrets leaving Knoxville when they did.

"We should have never left, but you can't see into the future, and there's no way you know we were going to be hit with the sanctions we were hit with at USC," Monte said. "I still give Lane a hard time. I'd just bought a beautiful new home there in Gettysvue on the golf course [in Knoxville, Tennessee], and while we were trying to sell it, golfers would come by and throw cigar butts up on my porch.

"Maybe we deserved it." 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2019, 06:00:32 EDT »

Monte Kiffin told ESPN the family regrets leaving Knoxville when they did.

"We should have never left, but you can't see into the future, and there's no way you know we were going to be hit with the sanctions we were hit with at USC," Monte said. "I still give Lane a hard time. I'd just bought a beautiful new home there in Gettysvue on the golf course [in Knoxville, Tennessee], and while we were trying to sell it, golfers would come by and throw cigar butts up on my porch.

"Maybe we deserved it." 

FIFY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: