VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 07:39:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols favored by 10-13 points against Western Kentucky.***  (Read 3252 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2013, 05:03:08 EDT »

`
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 05:04:08 EDT »

Wow, that surprises me.  I might have set it at the home field advantage (3 or 4 points).
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 05:35:21 EDT »

I have it at 31-17, so that's about what I expected

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 05:46:09 EDT »

I'm pretty worried about this game.  It would be surprising, but not shocking if they beat us.  Maybe I'm just a beat down Vol fan, idk.  I think we're going to get a sense of the gameday coaching ability of this staff on Saturday.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 06:21:22 EDT »

I have it at 31-17, so that's about what I expected

Unless Worley gets a lot better very quickly, I don't see the Vols scoring 31.  He stares down the primary receiver (even if he eventually checks down), waits a LONG time to throw the ball, and then throws behind (or under throws) his receivers.  I don't recall seeing any of his passes being thrown at or before a receiver making a cut.  The first long pass could have been a TD but it was late and woefully under thrown.  But, the running backs looked decent, so....  Also, Palardy pleasantly surprised me, so maybe he can be a positive difference (fingers crossed).  I am not confident about beating WKU, but I'd love to see the Vols come out, play well, and leave with a nice win.  The sideline organization and team discipline sure look like major improvements. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 03:06:54 EDT »

My WAG is that we will ~ flip the WKU-UK score, so around 35-21 sounds good to me.

And TRO, Worley is challenged, but I am underwhelmed by the UK D. 

I haven't really scouted WKU yet, I might change my opinion later in the week.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 03:31:50 EDT »

fwiw, WKU was favored by 4.5 over Kentucky so there's that.  I've thought about it some more today and I feel some better.  while our backups are questionable at spots, I like our starters.  We should be able to control the trenches and run on them at will.  We will also not let off the gas at halftime.

Butch will have our boys ready.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 01:48:17 EDT »

anyone on-time and in stride, as TRO pointed out we missed a TD opportunity that, in a tight game, could be critical....you can not miss those! While KY may not be good, AP is horrible....very small lines and slow players. As I said a week or so ago, forget the upsets...I just want to see us display the ability to win the games we should and while WK is a should win game we will be pressed to do so. I still think the best thing we can do to help Worley is a dominant run game on which the D is forced to focus, while we made it look easy against AP....it was AP and as I said the line was very weak. WK had ball control issues that kept the score from being even worse....let's hope we can exploit that for some turnovers. GO VOLS! 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 02:45:50 EDT »

Unless Worley gets a lot better very quickly, I don't see the Vols scoring 31.  He stares down the primary receiver (even if he eventually checks down), waits a LONG time to throw the ball, and then throws behind (or under throws) his receivers.  I don't recall seeing any of his passes being thrown at or before a receiver making a cut.  The first long pass could have been a TD but it was late and woefully under thrown.  But, the running backs looked decent, so....  Also, Palardy pleasantly surprised me, so maybe he can be a positive difference (fingers crossed).  I am not confident about beating WKU, but I'd love to see the Vols come out, play well, and leave with a nice win.  The sideline organization and team discipline sure look like major improvements. 

We should be able to run all over them, which frees up the pass. I don't think Worley will have more than about 150 yards passing, but we will have a lot of rushing yards

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2013, 06:31:31 EDT »

anyone on-time and in stride, as TRO pointed out we missed a TD opportunity that, in a tight game, could be critical....you can not miss those!

Agree...but again, first game of season, inexperienced QB and mostly new WRs.  Let's see if they improve week to week, starting this week.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: