VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 10:36:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess Steele should've taken the UT job  (Read 3701 times)
BigOrange Maniac
« on: January 12, 2012, 06:25:13 EST »

Reports out of Clemson are that he has been fired. 

It's interesting that CFB has become such a cutthroat business that one bad bowl game will get you canned. Steele is the second DC to lose his job because of a bad bowl game this year.

And how sad is it that UT was rejected by a guy who was days away from being fired?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 06:36:08 EST »

Wow. 
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 07:20:41 EST »

It's interesting that CFB has become such a cutthroat business that one bad bowl game will get you canned. Steele is the second DC to lose his job because of a bad bowl game this year.

And how sad is it that UT was rejected by a guy who was days away from being fired?

Is it a known fact we were rejected, or just speculation?  I know there were some media reports, but I'll have to look at those again.  I don't remember how that played out.  Meanwhile, Pat Narduzzi of Mich State is a name that I saw today that I had not seen before.  Maybe it has been out there for a while.  Honestly, there is just too much info out there these days, and evidently most of it is just plain old bad information.  That said, this appears to be a difficult hire to make especially with the way this year played out.  I suspect nobody wants to risk being one & done.  Maybe the best thing would be to just start from scratch with a new HBC.  Sigh. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 07:36:00 EST »

Pretty sure it's speculation that he rejected us.  If anything, us rejecting him seems more likely.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2012, 07:49:08 EST »

there is a article on the main tiger board stating that he resigned to explore other coaching opportunities!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 07:53:02 EST »

He and CDD apparently spoke last week but nothing apparently came out of the conversation.  Who decided against a formal interview or if it was mutual is unknown

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 07:54:01 EST »

there is a article on the main tiger board stating that he resigned to explore other coaching opportunities!

The suits at Clemson are saying he resigned; he's saying he was fired. The latter is almost certainly correct. Only a fool voluntarily resigns a paying gig to explore other opportunities. Explore, then resign.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 08:01:59 EST »

Interesting article from a tiglet fan's perspective.

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2012/1/12/2695335/kevin-steele-forced-out-at-clemson

You never know how much of these things are true, if any.

Quasi EVol
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 10:58:39 EST »

I miss RWV/HTV/101D when there's Kliempson-bashing afoot! 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: