VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 01:20:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumors beginning to surface that we got SAL as DC...  (Read 7070 times)
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2012, 03:00:51 EST »

like I said they are just beginning to surface. Stay tuned!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 03:01:37 EST »

Some of the same rumors saying that Lance Thompson leaves if Sunsari is hired.
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 03:10:09 EST »

Heard that too!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 03:50:37 EST »

Might as well shake it up! Why not. Right?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 03:57:19 EST »

I wonder why Lance would leave. I heard the same thing Volznut did which is that Lance doesn't want to be a DC again.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 04:20:14 EST »

Some of the same rumors saying that Lance Thompson leaves if Sunsari is hired.

Seems like not so good of a trade-off to me.   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2012, 04:21:48 EST »

Seems like not so good of a trade-off to me.   

Really? Based on what?

I don't believe that rumor personally but I think Lance is overrated.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2012, 04:26:27 EST »

Really? Based on what?

I don't believe that rumor personally but I think Lance is overrated.

Lance is our recruiting coordinator, isn't he?  Just seems like he is part of the foundation of our recruiting effort and it would damage those efforts (especially on the defensive side) if he bolted.  Sure, Sunseri has the rep as a good recruiter as well but based on my understanding of the process Lance has built relationships with these guys.

Of course, that's mere speculation.  Jmo.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2012, 04:28:50 EST »

Lance is our recruiting coordinator, isn't he?  Just seems like he is part of the foundation of our recruiting effort and it would damage those efforts (especially on the defensive side) if he bolted.  Sure, Sunseri has the rep as a good recruiter as well but based on my understanding of the process Lance has built relationships with these guys.

Of course, that's mere speculation.  Jmo.

Terry Joseph is our recruiting coordinator.

BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 06:16:48 EST »

I don't know that Thompson is a better coach or even a better recruiter than Sunsari, though he's a pretty doggone good recruiter. But one thing I DON'T like, just based on principle, is running off a coach who has been a good coach for us in exchange for an unproven coach, just because. Of course, if Thompson is being unreasonable by demanding the DC position when he isn't really cut out for it, then the HBC has to do what he has to do. And has already been said over and over, it's Dooley's butt in a sling here, so he can either sink or swim with the decisions he makes.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 08:52:01 EST »

So where did you guys hear Lance doesn't want to be DC?  Is it a quote, or second hand hearsay?  Because it don't add up to me.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 04:04:04 EST »

So where did you guys hear Lance doesn't want to be DC?  Is it a quote, or second hand hearsay?  Because it don't add up to me.

My fairy godmother told me.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 04:04:55 EST »

Flower???

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 04:08:52 EST »

I don't know that Thompson is a better coach or even a better recruiter than Sunsari, though he's a pretty doggone good recruiter. But one thing I DON'T like, just based on principle, is running off a coach who has been a good coach for us in exchange for an unproven coach, just because. Of course, if Thompson is being unreasonable by demanding the DC position when he isn't really cut out for it, then the HBC has to do what he has to do. And has already been said over and over, it's Dooley's butt in a sling here, so he can either sink or swim with the decisions he makes.

My thoughts on Lance Thompson? Meh. Pretty much the same reaction I have to anything about UT football lately... meh.

I'm not going to get into any questioning or debating about this situation because of your last sentence... Dooley is the one that has to show improvement or get canned, so if he's making the wrong choice between the two, he'll pay for it this time next year.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 09:41:06 EST »

That's about what I figured.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 09:51:18 EST »

That's about what I figured.

Look, I'm no insider and never claimed to be, and I'm tired of debating you about every little thing I hear and share with the board. You very rarely do any research on anything, yet you will fight to the death on a topic based upon your own observations and opinions. If you don't want to believe things that people say when they read other boards, that's fine, but in this case I didn't want to engage you because I'm weary of what seems to be your campaign against those who dare to read around and report things that they hear so I made a joke in an effort to end it.

If you must know what I heard and where I heard it, there was a lot of discussion on VolQuest during the initial days of Dooley's hiring about Thompson becoming defensive coordinator and Hubbs said that he had been told that Thompson did not enjoy his stint at UCF as defensive coordinator and didn't want the job. Maybe he wants it now, but I have my doubts as to whether it's even true that he wants to leave because he didn't get it.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 04:04:11 EST »

Look, I'm no insider and never claimed to be, and I'm tired of debating you about every little thing I hear and share with the board. You very rarely do any research on anything, yet you will fight to the death on a topic based upon your own observations and opinions. If you don't want to believe things that people say when they read other boards, that's fine, but in this case I didn't want to engage you because I'm weary of what seems to be your campaign against those who dare to read around and report things that they hear so I made a joke in an effort to end it.

If you must know what I heard and where I heard it, there was a lot of discussion on VolQuest during the initial days of Dooley's hiring about Thompson becoming defensive coordinator and Hubbs said that he had been told that Thompson did not enjoy his stint at UCF as defensive coordinator and didn't want the job. Maybe he wants it now, but I have my doubts as to whether it's even true that he wants to leave because he didn't get it.

Thanks for the response.

For the record, my response was also a joke.

I do tend to debate a bit.  I get that a lot.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: