VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 02:26:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any iTunes experts here?  (Read 2021 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2012, 07:56:09 EST »

I'm having a weird problem.  When I got a new external hard drive a couple weeks ago, I made it the default location for my iTunes library by going to edit>preferences>advanced>iTunes media folder location and changing it.  This freed up about 90G of space on my computer.  I haven't had any problems with it up until today, when I tried to add some new files, and it didn't copy them over, instead writing them straight to the C drive.  So I went back into preferences and did it all over again (and this is a lengthy ordeal when it has to process 13,000 files).  Problem fixed- for about 5 minutes.  When I checked back, it had AGAIN changed the default location back to the C drive.  I'm currently changing it back, but it's probably going to revert back again.  What the hell is going on, and how do I fix it?

Quasi EVol
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2012, 08:45:44 EST »

Your external HD must be plugged in, powered-up & mounted on the computer before iTunes starts. Make sure iTunes isn't starting up w/ your system.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 08:56:53 EST »

Your external HD must be plugged in, powered-up & mounted on the computer before iTunes starts. Make sure iTunes isn't starting up w/ your system.

Well, that's something I left out.  My HD is mounted to the pogoplug gizmo, and networked to my computer.  I checked and made sure that wasn't the issue, because when I go to My Computer, it sees it as a writable drive.  Anyway, I changed it back again about a half hour ago, and it appears to be sticking this time.  I hope it stays that way.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 01:17:08 EST »

Jobs is haunting you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: