VTTW Board Index
May 20, 2024, 02:19:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three-star linebacker Colton Goeas of Honolulu decommits...  (Read 4487 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2012, 12:11:35 EST »

I might be imagining a positive spin on these decommits but I think Butch is telling these guys they don't fit here and letting them save face by saying that they're decommiting. Possible?

Also, our former coaches are offering scholarships at their new schools to the players that had commited to UT. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:19:38 EST »

I might be imagining a positive spin on these decommits but I think Butch is telling these guys they don't fit here and letting them save face by saying that they're decommiting. Possible?

As I understand it, that's exactly what's happening.

101stDad
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:48:19 EST »

I'd be really surprised if there isn't a big change in our signing class before February 6.  Several of our current verbals are going to be going elsewhere, and several who are verbally committed elsewhere will end up at UT.  

For instance, Josh Smith is looking around.  He's gotten offers from Cincinnati and Arkansas in the last couple of days, and prior to Jones arriving he wasn't even talking to other schools.  He may be one who has been advised to keep his options open.  I'm not saying that UT has pulled their offer, only that there may be some discussions on where he actually might fit in which is opening up some interest in other schools.  
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 12:58:08 EST »

I've heard that these dicussions are going on with certain recruits. Some don't fit as well as they might have.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 01:16:55 EST »

Bad news,I'm worried about this recruiting class

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 01:21:07 EST »

Bad news,I'm worried about this recruiting class

Why is that bad news?  Our class hasn't exactly been anything better than mediocre to this point.  I don't see the potential for losing being that much of a loss compared to what we could potentially gain. 

Anytime there is a coaching change there is movement in the recruiting class.  It's the nature of the beast. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 03:53:17 EST »

No it isn't bad news at all. The guys who are getting cut don't fit our new defense.

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 02:14:14 EST »

don't fit our new defense.

By new defense, do you mean one that actually stops people? 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 02:27:16 EST »

Speaking of fitting in, how is McCullers going to fit into the 4-3?  He was recruited specifically to play NT.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 02:46:01 EST »

Speaking of fitting in, how is McCullers going to fit into the 4-3?  He was recruited specifically to play NT.
Well, there were several times, especially later in the season when he was effectively playing DT in a 4 man front.
Besides, I've heard he is looking at being one and done

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 03:08:26 EST »

Well, there were several times, especially later in the season when he was effectively playing DT in a 4 man front.

Could Big Dan be switched to offensive line? I know Antone Davis started out as a defensive lineman and became an All American offensive lineman

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
101stDad
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 04:39:37 EST »

Could Big Dan be switched to offensive line? I know Antone Davis started out as a defensive lineman and became an All American offensive lineman

Not this late in his career.  Besides, he will be a NT in the NFL in a 3-4 defensive scheme.  He's a space eater, which is all a 3-4 NT needs to be. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 09:44:17 EST »

I think he would be finein a  4-man front.  I also question how well he would go in the draft.  I expect him to be back, but I guess we will find out.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: