VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 01:15:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our student section for tonight's game says it all  (Read 3371 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2014, 03:41:59 EST »

That endzone is maybe 10% full, and I'm pretty sure the band outnumbers the "civilians".  Seriously.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 04:11:34 EST »

Looks like 9,000 there tonight...but they will announce 18,000
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 05:38:26 EST »

Well it's their loss...that was a good win

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 02:54:39 EST »

Well it's their loss...that was a good win

It was a win we should have had. I want to see consistency.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 03:09:54 EST »

It's a real shame that Stokes' season has been largely wasted.  In just about every game I've watched, he's been the best player on the floor.  And that includes UF and UK.  If this team were fulfilling expectations, I think he'd be a shoo-in for SEC POY.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 03:26:05 EST »

It's a real shame that Stokes' season has been largely wasted.  In just about every game I've watched, he's been the best player on the floor.  And that includes UF and UK.  If this team were fulfilling expectations, I think he'd be a shoo-in for SEC POY.

Stokes made a dramatic leap from last year to this one. Considering that under normal circumstances this would have been his sophomore year, that kind of makes sense. He's playing like an All-American.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 03:41:57 EST »

Stokes made a dramatic leap from last year to this one. Considering that under normal circumstances this would have been his sophomore year, that kind of makes sense. He's playing like an All-American.

A big part of it is that he is staying on the floor.  In the past, it seemed like he had two fouls before the game had even tipped off.  But he's upped his game, too.  He's really developed that baby hook into a weapon, and he's seeing the floor a lot better- he had a couple of nifty assists last night.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 04:03:19 EST »

It was a win we should have had. I want to see consistency.

I agree.  But this season does have some quality wins...Virginia and Alabama come to mind, maybe LSU and a couple others.  You are correct, they need to be consistent.  The only terrible game in the SEC is against UF at home, but we also should not have lost to Tamu and Vandy.

The good news, is if the patented Cuonzo late season surge kicks in about now, I think we could sweep our remaining games, and that....MIGHT...be enough to make the tourney.

My expectation is that we will choke at least once, but we will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 04:50:38 EST »

Looks like 9,000 there tonight...but they will announce 18,000

Well, they only "announced" 13K.  Even in the Buzz Peterson era, that would've been a below average crowd. 

The "good" news is that they have installed the black seats and new lighting since then- so it doesn't look nearly as bad on TV.  Maybe before next season, they can bring back the curtain.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: