VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 05:41:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CFP expanding to 12 teams  (Read 581 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2022, 12:44:01 EDT »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34509443/board-managers-decide-12-team-college-football-playoff-sources-say

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 01:34:52 EDT »

I understand it's all about the money. But if you are a 8 -12th ranked team, why should you be playing for a title? It's hard enough to find 4 teams that have competitive games.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 03:12:25 EDT »

I like it.

Conference champs should get a shot, imo.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 04:29:21 EDT »

More football? Can't complain
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 07:56:43 EDT »

As I understand it, there will now be 4 weeks of playing games (11 playoff games total?). This means that more of the bowl games will likely now be playoff games.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 08:10:52 EDT »

I understand it's all about the money. But if you are a 8 -12th ranked team, why should you be playing for a title? It's hard enough to find 4 teams that have competitive games.

Come on bamaboy. There is more to college football than alabama, georgia, and the osu. I dont know how those teams hold gets broken, but this might be a start. Idk & I don't really care. I watch. That's it. My interest increases infinitely if THE UT ever gets back there.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2022, 08:46:43 EDT by SmokeyJoe » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 08:16:36 EDT »

Come on bamaboy. There us more to college football than alabama, georgia, and the osu. I dont know how those teams hold gets broken, but this might be a start. Idk & I don't really care. I watch. That's it. My interest increases infinitely if THE UT ever gets back there.

It's a big circle of self-fulfillment. The same four teams go the playoff every year because they recruit the best players every year because they go to the playoff every year because...

If anything, I think this will lead to more parity.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2022, 03:38:26 EDT »

Oh, so you are saying the NY Giants that snuck into the playoffs on a WC with  9-7 record then stopped Brady and Moss from going undefeated had no bidness being there?

I understand that college football has traditionally been different and stressed perfect or one-loss records, but does that really make sense?

Would this not just be a change to how every other sport (NFL, NCAA Bball, MLB, NBA, MLS, NHL, NCAA Bball, you name it) does it?

And if you are in that 8-12 and win it all, no one can complain you didn't earn it, that's for sure.

So relax Francis, it's not a big deal.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2022, 07:11:31 EDT »

Oh, so you are saying the NY Giants that snuck into the playoffs on a WC with  9-7 record then stopped Brady and Moss from going undefeated had no bidness being there?

I understand that college football has traditionally been different and stressed perfect or one-loss records, but does that really make sense?

Would this not just be a change to how every other sport (NFL, NCAA Bball, MLB, NBA, MLS, NHL, NCAA Bball, you name it) does it?

And if you are in that 8-12 and win it all, no one can complain you didn't earn it, that's for sure.

So relax Francis, it's not a big deal.
I don't mind the extra games. If it means getting new blood in the playoffs, thats cool. I still stay in the end it will be one the same four programs winning the title. Not one of the 8th-12th seeded teams. People will lose their minds when/if the SEC gets 3 or 4 teams in the playoff..lol.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: