VTTW Board Index
May 09, 2024, 06:56:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wisconsin fires football coach Paul Chryst, sources say  (Read 545 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2022, 01:43:13 EDT »

With the new Dec. signing period....Universities pull the trigger quicker..

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34714751/wisconsin-fires-football-coach-paul-chryst-sources-say
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 01:48:14 EDT »

Colorado coach was fired also.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 02:16:34 EDT »

I think this year's coaching carousel will eventually see UK and Ole Miss scrambling to find new coaches.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 02:47:49 EDT »

I think this year's coaching carousel will eventually see UK and Ole Miss scrambling to find new coaches.

It's odd that Stoops has not attracted more attention. I think there's a "its just Kentucky" bias maybe.  As good as they seem this year, that may well change.  The story since he has been there is strong D and run game, so so QBs, but apparently they now have a QB with NFL potential.  How the hell did that happen at Kentucky 

Stoops seems really happy there, but if he does go, it's to the Vols advantage to say the least.

They were discussing Lane on SECN earlier this week, and saying it would have to be just the right opportunity.  Basically he is too big for a lot of jobs (he wouldn't want them, Ole Miss is a pretty decent gig) and there are a lot of more prominent programs that will probably pass (and have in the past).  One thing they specifically said is that he would avoid Nebraska like the plague, as would just about anyone with ambition.

The talk was that UCLA would be a very likely place for Lane to go, but they are currently 5-0, so I don't see that happening anytime soon.

I could maybe see Colorado...but is that really a step up from Ole Miss at this point?  I don't think so. 

It will be interesting to see.  No matter where Lane ends up, I want the Vols to play him again, for sure.

My guess is he ends up at OU.  Not sure how long it will take them to jettison their current coach.  My guess is next season, but who knows. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 03:42:52 EDT »

Kiffin to AU would be highly entertaining on many different levels.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 03:45:25 EDT »

I know coaches are wired differently, but why would Stoops leave UK?  He makes over 6 mil, and it’s Kentucky football….they’re not gonna fire him for any slippage.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2022, 03:48:07 EDT »

Kiffin would probably walk barefoot over broken glass for the A&M job. His biggest beef at OM is lack of resources to compete in NIL. At A&M that is not an issue AT ALL.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2022, 06:32:26 EDT »

Kiffin would probably walk barefoot over broken glass for the A&M job. His biggest beef at OM is lack of resources to compete in NIL. At A&M that is not an issue AT ALL.

Great point

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2022, 06:33:59 EDT »

I know coaches are wired differently, but why would Stoops leave UK?  He makes over 6 mil, and it’s Kentucky football….they’re not gonna fire him for any slippage.

Didn't realize he made that much.

My point was more along the lines of why no other program has expressed interest in him, at least not that I have heard. I guess he's not flashy enough or something.

I did think he might be happy at UK, but if a major program came after him, he might just go. There definitely is a ceiling at UK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: