VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 03:20:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game report  (Read 1111 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2013, 12:02:41 EDT »

Offense:
QB:  Worley stunk up the joint in the first half.  I believe he had only one good throw and it was dropped.  He improved in the 2nd half but I believe we are limited at QB.
RB:  both backs ran well.  Both did a good job of squaring their shoulders and were finishing their runs
WR:  ok kind of game.  Big drop by Croom and it earned him lots of pine time as a result.  North is a player, had a great catch on a bad, bad throw and had a great block on Pig's end around.  Josh Smith and JJ played well.  The receivers were gaining separation, just that Worley has problems getting them the ball when they do.
OL:  first half not so much, 2nd half they kicked ass, including the 2nd team

Defense:
DL: started slow but really played well.  Got good pressure at times, led to a couple of picks.  Need to read run better.
LB: sapp and brewer played well.  As I noted during the game AJ is often a liability in pass coverage and is very passive in zone coverage.  After the TD against him he received a 35 yard lecture from the coaching staff.
DB: they picked on the fr and Toney early and there were some breakdowns at various points but in general played well.  On the 2nd pick 6 the kid just picked the QB's pocket, called it in the stadium when he released the pass.  Randolph was flying around today.  Moore played very well when he came in.
ST:  the blocked punt was inexcusable.  Dallas was a good replacement for young, just not as dynamic.

Overall a good win.  The staff seemed capable of making adjustments.  Preseason is over, the real season starts next week in Eugene.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: