VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 02:06:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I think its only fitting that  (Read 1034 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2013, 07:47:54 EDT »

we all take a moment to remember what happened to our great country on this day September 11, 2001. When we were attacked by a band of radical Muslims. For a while we were all united and had one vision for this country and what should be done. 
I was in a Historical Geology class at Roane State University when someone ran in and said that the World Trade Center had been hit by and airplane. Without any hesititation the entire class left the classroom and we all went to the student center and saw that one tower burning. Within a few short minutes we saw that second plane hit. There were gasps and tears from many, for me there was anger, a deep seeded anger that I had not had ever. I simply looked around the room and said, "time to go whip some ass". Classes were cancelled for the rest of the day.
I remember getting some gas that morning and paying around a $1.50 a gallon for it, when I left I saw the price at that same station jumped to well over $4.00 a gallon. It didn't matter to me because I was still in "pissed off mode" and like those who were alive when we were, as Roosevelt said, "suddenly and deliberately attacked" by Japan I only wanted one thing...blood.
To those who have served during the campaigns since September 11, 2001, laying aside personal dreams and aspirations I say thank you for your service. To those who have suffered injury I say thank you for your service and willingness to fight, to those family members who have sons and daughters who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to fight for something they believed in, thank you can never be enough. You are all in my thoughts and prayers this day and always have been. To God, thank you for blessing me to have the honor to be able to call myself and American.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: