VTTW Board Index
May 19, 2024, 10:59:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To change the subject, Peyton and Eli this week. There are a lot of Bronco fans  (Read 1549 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2013, 04:49:57 EDT »

in S. Dakota. They like Peyton a lot. But I always hear that they think he is a great regular season QB but is not a great playoff Qb. Do any of you buy that? His playoff record is not the best. But of course he didn't lose those games by himself. He couldn't do nothing on the sidelines while the other team was driving the ball down Indy's D's throat. I do feel last year was a lost opportunity though. Baltimore was not the best team. Of course that's playoff football. College will be getting their taste of it in the coming years.

volsboyinsodak
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 05:59:09 EDT »

He's got a SB ring, so to me that renders the argument null and void.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:51:05 EDT »

He's got a SB ring, so to me that renders the argument null and void.

The crowd that likes to argue that he fades in big games will point out that Indy was vastly superior to Chicago in that game and nearly lost anyway.

Peyton is always going to have his critics who grasp for straws because they cannot find any other way to dispute the fact that he's one of the top 2 or 3 QBs to ever play the game, if not THE best. I've always felt like arguing a QB's merit by his win/loss record or his Super Bowl rings wasn't right. Teams win and lose games, and teams win and lose Super Bowls. More than anything else, Peyton's playoff record is indicative of the fact that he did more to individually carry his team than probably any other player in modern football. But once the playoffs rolled around and the Colts were playing the cream of the crop every week, their lack of talent was exposed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: