VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 09:47:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm glad I missed most of that.  (Read 2449 times)
3beans
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2011, 09:54:51 EST »

Bray looked HORRIBLE!  Threw bad passes and looked like he had never played a game before.  Holding the ball until he was sacked.  He was throwing the ball into the dirt there at the end.  I was almost wishing they would have pulled him out and put Worley in.

That play on the 1st and goal at 6 yard line where we are lined up with Neal taking the snap was really bad.  How can he line up as the QB to get the ball and not be looking for it?  He just was not looking for the ball at all and couldn't even find it on the ground after he fumbled.

What the heck has happened to D. Young?  He's turned into a big chicken back there on punt returns.  Lets the ball roll past him or fair catches the ball when he has 10 yards of return in front of him.  Is he now afraid to get hit?

How the heck did we lose a time out on the review?  It's was a fumble and that was the whole purpose of the review.  Dooley won the call. 

We NEED a punter really bad.  Darr has a popgun leg.

Z. Rodgers will never make a catch in traffic.  If he gets hit he always drops the ball.

D. Rodgers dropped one of the biggest catches of the year.  If he holds on to that easy 3rd down catch on our next to last series then he probably gets 20 yards on the play.  Instead we have to punt.

How the heck do we ignore ky blitzing on every first down play and not do something to take advantage of it?  It was EVERY first down and not once do we hit a quick screen or draw or something.  ky was not even trying to disguise it either.  Come to think of it, I don't think we threw one screen pass all year with Bray as QB.  I know we did with Worley and we had some success.

I hate to say it but a lot of the guys playing today looked like they just wanted to get this year over with.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:21:50 EST »

I hate to say it but a lot of the guys playing today looked like they just wanted to get this year over with.

In some ways it looked that way ever since Hunter went down vs. UF.
JBuck
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 01:38:48 EST »

D. Young is not the answer as a returner.  I know this may not be a popular view since he is a local guy, but he simply does not have the speed to be a true threat.  He has a decent amount of quicks, but, like the vast majority of the rest of our team,  he simply doesn't have the speed.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 01:58:33 EST »

Agree Jbuck.. The guys his size that you see being elite return men have elite speed.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have that kind of speed. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 02:28:33 EST »

D. Young is not the answer as a returner.  I know this may not be a popular view since he is a local guy, but he simply does not have the speed to be a true threat.  He has a decent amount of quicks, but, like the vast majority of the rest of our team,  he simply doesn't have the speed.

I thought he did well enough ... when he actually bothered to return the ball.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: