VTTW Board Index
May 15, 2024, 06:00:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hubbs hearing rumors that it will happen today  (Read 4594 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2012, 08:31:01 EST »

I don't think it is an understatement to say that this hire is the most important coaching hire at UT at least since Johnny Majors and maybe ever.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:34:08 EST »

Nelson Briles of Baylor would be a good and easy hire for Tennessee. I think He would leave Baylor for Tennessee in a minute

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 08:41:21 EST »

If that were true, wouldn't they have set a time for the presser already?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 08:46:04 EST »

I don't think it is an understatement to say that this hire is the most important coaching hire at UT at least since Johnny Majors and maybe ever.

The hire or the firing announcement?  Those are not necessarily the same thing.  I would prefer both simultaneously, or at any rate a definite plan in place for the replacement.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 08:52:17 EST »

The hire or the firing announcement?  Those are not necessarily the same thing.  I would prefer both simultaneously, or at any rate a definite plan in place for the replacement.

Me too, at least have a defined, and definite plan in place. Would love to hear them say, Gruden, or kelly, or Patterson...make em say no!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 09:00:54 EST »

They won't do both at the same time, even if they have their guy already.  They'll at least have to make a show of posting the job for a couple weeks and interviewing a minority candidate or two. 

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 09:25:08 EST »

They won't do both at the same time, even if they have their guy already.  They'll at least have to make a show of posting the job for a couple weeks and interviewing a minority candidate or two. 

Yes, you're right and that's what I've said in previous posts. They want to make sure they give the impression that no deal was inked behind Dooley's back.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 09:30:46 EST »

If that were true, wouldn't they have set a time for the presser already?

Like I said... Rumors. They may not even have a press conference to make the announcement.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2012, 09:35:24 EST »

Supposedly Volquest is reporting it as a done deal.....just hope it's true, I don't think it matters when it happens at this point....it just has to happen and the sooner the better, IMO.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2012, 09:49:03 EST »

Supposedly Volquest is reporting it as a done deal.....just hope it's true, I don't think it matters when it happens at this point....it just has to happen and the sooner the better, IMO.

This.
JBuck
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2012, 12:29:35 EST »

The other thing to keep in mind re: the firing/hiring timeline.   I feel rather certain Hart will be very careful about how far to go with any prospective coaches until the Dooley firing is made public.  It's kind of like having a girlfriend but telling another girl that a breakup is coming and you're going to start dating her.  She may want to date you, but she'll probably say, "take care of your business with your girlfriend first and then we'll talk."  And if she does start dating you before you officially break it off with the other girl, she always wonders if you are doing the same thing to her!  If Hart doesn't handle it carefully and in order, he risks developing a reputation for being the kind of boss who will stab a coach in the back.

Yes, Hart can have some conversations about who has interest, but I'm rather certain he won't be out there hiring a head football coach when we publicly still have a head football coach.
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2012, 04:05:08 EST »

I just don't understand the point of waiting. Maybe 60 years ago you can keep it under wraps and let the season play out without the disruption. That's impossible now, with all the media attention and all the fans with sources within the program and social media platforms that allow them to share everything those sources say to the world. Every player on that team knows that it's coming. So keeping the elephant in the room is a bigger distraction than going ahead and firing him would be. Go ahead and get it out of the way and let everyone concentrate on winning the next two games.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2012, 02:09:27 EST »

I'll be glad when sometime finally happens,I'm sick of these rumors

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: