VTTW Board Index
May 23, 2024, 08:36:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols lead by 22 at half........  (Read 4154 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: December 31, 2013, 01:50:29 EST »

Nice half court shot at the buzzer by the Vols.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 01:53:58 EST »

They are shooting out of their minds.     
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2013, 02:05:50 EST »

Things went way too well for us in the first half. 

Hope that doesn't even out with an epic meltdown in the second half.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2013, 02:11:20 EST »

Maybe this is the beginning of our patented "too little too late" hot streak.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2013, 02:59:22 EST »

Far and away our best performance of the season. UVA had been playing really solid defensive basketball (#2 in schedule-adjusted points per possession) and we tore them apart.

Has a corner been turned? Sure would be nice to do it in December.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 03:02:26 EST »

87-52 Final. What a surprise. We couldn't score at all against these guys last year.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2013, 03:05:38 EST »

Far and away our best performance of the season. UVA had been playing really solid defensive basketball (#2 in schedule-adjusted points per possession) and we tore them apart.

Has a corner been turned? Sure would be nice to do it in December.

Unless we can run through the SEC with only 3 losses or so, it's not going to matter.  UK is not that great, and we always beat UF.  So while it's highly unlikely, it's not impossible.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2013, 03:11:13 EST »

87-52 Final. What a surprise. We couldn't score at all against pretty much anybody last year.

Quote corrected. 

We've had trouble scoring against air in practice at times under Double Live Cuonzo. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2013, 03:18:09 EST »

Unless we can run through the SEC with only 3 losses or so, it's not going to matter.  UK is not that great, and we always beat UF.  So while it's highly unlikely, it's not impossible.

Agreed. I've been saying we needed to win 14 SEC games to be ahead of the bubble since we'll have so few quality wins, and thought there was no way we'd do that because we wouldn't get our shizzle together until February. Well, if we can play anything like tonight consistently . . . it's possible.

Doubtful though. I foresee NIT again.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2013, 04:04:08 EST »

If they win the next game, and then go on the road and beat LSU I will get closer to buying in.

I saw better ball movement tonight. Led to less thrown up prayers by Stokes and Maymon against bigger players. Our team should be playing more like Pearl's 1st couple teams. Fits their physical abilities better IMO.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 06:07:57 EST »

Pretty pleased with tonight, but let's be honest: If those guys don't shoot out of their minds, it's a very close ball game and we're still grumbling about a lot of the same things we've griped about all season. Maymon is still TERRIBLE at the rim on offense, our guys give up way too many offensive boards, etc., etc. But I've never seen a team shooting performance like tonight's. When Richardson hit his first 6 shots and had 15 points in the first 10 minutes I thought that was something. Then the other guys started heating up. I was standing at the concession stand watching the big screen when Barton let that half-court bomb go...and you just had to have a feeling it was gonna go in. Most incredible of all: when a guy like Stokes goes 12 of 14 from the FT line...yeah.

So it's all well and good, but as we all know the shots aren't always gonna fall like they did tonight. I liked what I saw overall but still a lot of areas of concern, IMO.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 04:48:21 EST »

Maybe this is the beginning of our patented "too little too late" hot streak.

Maybe not too late this year, but we will see

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: