VTTW Board Index
May 03, 2024, 10:12:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKay, I'll start the elephant in the room thread about Manning and the Bronco's  (Read 5051 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2014, 07:13:35 EST »

Same old story for Peyton. Put a little coldness, wind and loud crowd and we get last night. Other than Gronk, I don't think anyone on Patriots offense would make the Bronco's roster. Before you say I am a fair weather fan, no I'm not. I could see it in his face, he just looked uncomfortable before the game even started. Brady has more of a killer instinct. Manning gets upset, all he does is come to the sidelines shaking his head, Brady comes off the field pissed off and pumping his fist at his teammates. Plus the Bronco's have been a little conservative in the play calling all season. You've got the best QB and receivers in the league, go vertically down the field, quit throwing those behind the line screens and if you have 4th and 6, don't throw it 4 yards. I think it is hard to call Manning better than Brady due to the difference of the on-field competitive drive. It just seems that teams built around Manning are too soft and lack swagger. Brady's teams have that. Hope this doesn't piss too many of you off. Look at the players Brady has compared to Peyton, and he just plain beat Denver bad. This is the best team Peyton has had at his disposal. I still feel Manning will end up best ever as this is just one game and long way to go in this season. Hard to argue with their head to head record, just hard to get my head around that the best ever would have such a dismally bad record against his biggest rival to the ever-title. I'm sure Peyton gives a crap whether he's considered the best ever or not by me or anyone else.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 07:24:28 EST »

I think it is hard to call Manning better than Brady due to the difference of the on-field competitive drive.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:36:22 EST »

That was sorta my reaction as well. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:01:03 EST »

Again volsboy...you sound like a bammer or other opposing team fan that just wants to come here and run down everything orange.  Just calling it like I see it.

As to your specific points, NE is playing well right and it was in fact cold in the Bahston area.  But you know what? It gets cold in Denver also. Yeah, NE won this one. So what.  If there is any karma or justice in the world, that fizzleing deuchbag slob Bellichek and his little prissy girlie man Brady will get theirs from the Broncos in the playoffs.  Other than helping perhaps decide home field position, this game means almost nothing.  It will be real in December or January though.

But while i am at it, the refs really let NE get away with quite a bit of PI, and I am pretty sure that 4 games in, when the NE defense magically improved, Bellisuck figured out how to steal signals again. 

The Patriots with Bellisuck and Brady have a great legacy...but one that is tarnished to just about anyone other than Patriot fans.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:24:21 EST »

Same old story for Peyton. Put a little coldness, wind and loud crowd and we get last night. Other than Gronk, I don't think anyone on Patriots offense would make the Bronco's roster. Before you say I am a fair weather fan, no I'm not. I could see it in his face, he just looked uncomfortable before the game even started. Brady has more of a killer instinct. Manning gets upset, all he does is come to the sidelines shaking his head, Brady comes off the field pissed off and pumping his fist at his teammates. Plus the Bronco's have been a little conservative in the play calling all season. You've got the best QB and receivers in the league, go vertically down the field, quit throwing those behind the line screens and if you have 4th and 6, don't throw it 4 yards. I think it is hard to call Manning better than Brady due to the difference of the on-field competitive drive. It just seems that teams built around Manning are too soft and lack swagger. Brady's teams have that. Hope this doesn't piss too many of you off. Look at the players Brady has compared to Peyton, and he just plain beat Denver bad. This is the best team Peyton has had at his disposal. I still feel Manning will end up best ever as this is just one game and long way to go in this season. Hard to argue with their head to head record, just hard to get my head around that the best ever would have such a dismally bad record against his biggest rival to the ever-title. I'm sure Peyton gives a crap whether he's considered the best ever or not by me or anyone else.

Just an FYI read an article that said 7 of the 11 games they have played have been at Foxboro. Pats have a good scheme and they are good at holding and not being called for PI. Also good at cheating.
 Denver did play very soft yesterday. Looked like the Super Bowl against the Seahawks. They will have to get tougher to get back to it.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 10:58:36 EST »

Damn.  Peyton and the Broncos played like crap.  The Patriots played pretty well.

The Patriots won this regular season game. 

They will likely play again this year, just as they did last year after the Patriots won the regular season match up. 

Case closed. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 05:11:04 EST »

All I stated was the facts. Brady outplayed Manning again. I am Manning's biggest fan, but you can't deny his head to head and playoff record is baffling. I have lived in the midwest a long time now, and when I sing Manning's praises here about being the best of all time, they say the only ones who believe that are Vols fans. They say that QB's biggest stat is wins and Brady is way ahead in that category. Manning is second, by the way. I don't care who thinks who is the best, it is all just opinion. I am just content with him being one of the best of all time. I just am honest about the way it looks while everyone else makes excuses and gives Peyton a lot of mulligans. I am not a Bammer. Just more realistic than most, and take off the Orange colored glasses from time to time. Deep down, I am sure his playoff record bothers the hell out of most Vol fans. Don't you get tired of hearing Manning is great......but

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2014, 05:38:18 EST »

All I stated was the facts. Brady outplayed Manning again. I am Manning's biggest fan, but you can't deny his head to head and playoff record is baffling. I have lived in the midwest a long time now, and when I sing Manning's praises here about being the best of all time, they say the only ones who believe that are Vols fans. They say that QB's biggest stat is wins and Brady is way ahead in that category. Manning is second, by the way. I don't care who thinks who is the best, it is all just opinion. I am just content with him being one of the best of all time. I just am honest about the way it looks while everyone else makes excuses and gives Peyton a lot of mulligans. I am not a Bammer. Just more realistic than most, and take off the Orange colored glasses from time to time. Deep down, I am sure his playoff record bothers the hell out of most Vol fans. Don't you get tired of hearing Manning is great......but

Don't take this the wrong way, but the only people who believe head-to-head results determine the value of one player over the other are fools. There are 22 players on the football field at any given time.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2014, 06:06:56 EST »

Yes, I get tired of hearing it. People like you need to stop saying it.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2014, 06:56:12 EST »

Don't take this the wrong way, but the only people who believe head-to-head results determine the value of one player over the other are fools. There are 22 players on the football field at any given time.

Yeah, Peyton was lousy on defense; it's like he wasn't on the field at all. 

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2014, 09:30:03 EST »

That's exactly the excuses I'm talking about. Denver's defense had nothing to do with him sucking on offense.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2014, 09:46:36 EST »

That's exactly the excuses I'm talking about. Denver's defense had nothing to do with him sucking on offense.

I can make this really simple for you without making a judgment on anyone's argument: nobody on a UT board wants to hear this antagonizing shizzle. It's not going to be engaged with friendly argument, it's not going to begin a rational debate; it's only going to piss everyone off. I suggest you consider exiting this thread and not trying this garbage again.

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2014, 09:49:26 EST »

I hear you.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: