VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 03:05:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This could explain Peyton's issues  (Read 4983 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2015, 06:04:17 EST »

We all knew something wasn't right..

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/12154238/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-played-torn-right-quad-last-month-season?ex_cid=sportscenterFB
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2015, 06:26:39 EST »

It explains why Peyton was hampered.   What about the shizzly play of the defense
Hopefully Peyton will set what records He needs to set next season and retire and come back to TN. so
He can start building a good Titan's team.....lol
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2015, 06:40:55 EST »

I do not care about his health issues. Old age is a big contributor to his problems and he needs to retire. This is just my opinion based only on the fact that I am an old man.  He has nothing to prove and no real reason to hang around. He will only suffer more injuries if he keeps coming back. JMO
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 07:05:03 EST »

I do not care about his health issues. Old age is a big contributor to his problems and he needs to retire. This is just my opinion based only on the fact that I am an old man.  He has nothing to prove and no real reason to hang around. He will only suffer more injuries if he keeps coming back. JMO

LMAO. Peyon threw 39 touchdown passes this year, good enough for the 12th best season of any QB, all-time. He threw for 4,727 yards this season, good for 21st best of any QB, all-time.

If Peyton wants to keep playing, then he should keep playing.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 07:08:10 EST »

LMAO. Peyon threw 39 touchdown passes this year, good enough for the 12th best season of any QB, all-time. He threw for 4,727 yards this season, good for 21st best of any QB, all-time.

Yes.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 08:40:15 EST »

The Broncos are soft in general but the DL and OL get pushed around by playoff teams. Just like Indy they depend on Peyton too much, and when he is hurt you see what happened to them. if they don't get some nasty on the OL and DL but mostly OL they will not get a superbowl no matter who is qb.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 10:44:23 EST »

This.  People acting like Peyton is embarrassing himself need to pump the breaks.  The Peyton we saw yesterday would still be among the top 12 or so QBs in the league and like you said, when healthy this year he was still tearing up the league.

If he does return, Denver needs to fix the OL.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2015, 11:17:39 EST »

It appears that John Fox is out at Denver. The coaching situation was very likely a big part of the reason Manning changed his tune about coming back. I would say at this point he expects to play a very big role in Denver's decision on its next coach.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2015, 11:43:13 EST »

It appears that John Fox is out at Denver. The coaching situation was very likely a big part of the reason Manning changed his tune about coming back. I would say at this point he expects to play a very big role in Denver's decision on its next coach.

It was pretty apparent that John Fox was already out during the game last night.  He was never in it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 12:03:49 EST »

It was pretty apparent that John Fox was already out during the game last night.  He was never in it. 

I think one could make the argument that Fox was never in it to begin with. I like the guy, but after leading Carolina to the Super Bowl in '04, he hasn't exactly done much except under-achieve. IMO, the talent Denver has had is too much to make two 1st-game playoff exits in three years acceptable.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 12:33:47 EST »

He will be hired somewhere else within 2 weeks. It's what the NFL does...they just recycle coaches. Rex Ryan has already been hired at Buffalo who doesn't have a QB either which was the main issue with the Jets. The NFL is just a retread league.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 02:10:00 EST »

The only person to tell Peyton if he should retire or play next year other than his doctor,is Peyton..Unless there is a serious health issue,it's Peyton's decision and his alone,imo..I hope he does play another year and can go out with a Super Bowl win but that isn't likely with a new coach and the players they will probably lose to free agency this year but who knows..I hope he at least goes out healthy and breaks every positive record that he hasn't broken yet..I think he will make a great coach at the college or pro level some day maybe even at UT 15-20 yrs from now..Who knows,if Phil Fulmer can come back and coach at UT,Peyton certainly could but with his work ethic he will be good at what ever he chooses to do regardless
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 02:24:48 EST »

I think one could make the argument that Fox was never in it to begin with. I like the guy, but after leading Carolina to the Super Bowl in '04, he hasn't exactly done much except under-achieve. IMO, the talent Denver has had is too much to make two 1st-game playoff exits in three years acceptable.

Yeah, not been impressed with Fox at all.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: