VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 11:54:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anybody here check out VolCalls last night???  (Read 2723 times)
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2019, 07:09:34 EDT »

I imagine that was interesting to listen to.......

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 08:08:46 EDT »

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/LongFormArticle/2019-Tennessee-Vols-football-the-best-of-Vol-Calls-BYU-Cougars-week-Jeremy-Pruitt-fans-call-in-radio-show-135193268/#135193268_1

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 08:33:53 EDT »

Saw that earlier. Sounds like it was heavily screened.

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 08:52:32 EDT »

Cool!  Thanks Herb

wow, look at this quote - "Our deal (against Georgia State) wasn’t about passion."  Ugh, right there to me is a big red flag.  I like Coach P and like what he has had to say - and was willing to give him a few years as long as we showed some good signs from time to time.  Of course this game last week has made all of us doubt we are on the right track.  And then this quote - That can't be further from the truth, based on what I saw.  It was execution as Coach P says, but passion was also a HUGE part of it.  To be in denial of that is troubling.  It kind of tells me that he knows there is a "passion" problem and does not want to air that out in public.  Am I this wrong?  To me it is obvious there is a passion problem - with players and coaches.  To a degree they just did not show up - they being players and coaches.  Not showing up is about passion, IMO.  Maybe I am just talking semantics, but Coach P is in serious denial here.  Maybe you don't shame your staff and your players in public, but damn, he better be doing it in the locker room.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 09:06:22 EDT »

Cool!  Thanks Herb

wow, look at this quote - "Our deal (against Georgia State) wasn’t about passion."  Ugh, right there to me is a big red flag.  I like Coach P and like what he has had to say - and was willing to give him a few years as long as we showed some good signs from time to time.  Of course this game last week has made all of us doubt we are on the right track.  And then this quote - That can't be further from the truth, based on what I saw.  It was execution as Coach P says, but passion was also a HUGE part of it.  To be in denial of that is troubling.  It kind of tells me that he knows there is a "passion" problem and does not want to air that out in public.  Am I this wrong?  To me it is obvious there is a passion problem - with players and coaches.  To a degree they just did not show up - they being players and coaches.  Not showing up is about passion, IMO.  Maybe I am just talking semantics, but Coach P is in serious denial here.  Maybe you don't shame your staff and your players in public, but damn, he better be doing it in the locker room.

We’ve become accustomed to seeing these low-energy, “phone it in” performances late in the season against the likes of Mizzou and Vandy. But to see it in the freaking season opener is very concerning, and a huge...I was going to say red flag, but no. This is a black flag. You don’t just make up for a performance like that unless you beat bammer or UGA, and that ain’t happening. Pruitt is done. Dead coach walking. And we all know it, whether some are willing to admit it or not. We can only hope that the lame duck period doesn’t last beyond this season, but it probably will.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 09:07:56 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 09:19:53 EDT »

At JP's intro presser last year, he never struck me as the type who would sugar coat or who would dance around an issue.  He's like a different guy now, strangely.

Of course, we're all furious right now (rightly so) and we're going to pick apart every breath he breathes.  That's what happens when you lose to Georgia freakin' State.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 09:42:51 EDT »

Saw that earlier. Sounds like it was heavily screened.

It always has been.  It's completely un-listenable. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 09:59:30 EDT »

We’ve become accustomed to seeing these low-energy, “phone it in” performances late in the season against the likes of Mizzou and Vandy. But to see it in the freaking season opener is very concerning, and a huge...I was going to say red flag, but no. This is a black flag. You don’t just make up for a performance like that unless you beat bammer or UGA, and that ain’t happening. Pruitt is done. Dead coach walking. And we all know it, whether some are willing to admit it or not. We can only hope that the lame duck period doesn’t last beyond this season, but it probably will.

While I'm not quite ready to say "he's done" myself, I agree it's about as red of a red flag as you can get.  I know we ain't beating Bama or UGA this year, but if we were to go to UF and win and then get a few of the last half of the season SEC games he would make up some ground for me honestly.  I know it's not likely based on what we saw on Sat, but it's not impossible like Bama and UGA.  Ga State is unforgivable, this is true... but it's still to early to say JP is done for me.  As bad of a loss as that was, 1 game into his second season is still too early IMO.

I'm hanging what shred of hope I have left on the fact that we paid no attention to Ga St and didn't plan for them whatsoever and combined with the fact that they played really well for 4 quarters led to the debacle we saw, and that we will see a diff team come Saturday.  Which is why Sat is such a big game/must win game to me... it will tell us if Ga St was an outlier or if we're really that poorly coached and prepared week in and week out.. cause there is absolutely no excuse for them not to be fired up and prepped for BUY.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 12:15:34 EDT »

I'm not done with Pruitt, and he doesn't have to beat uga or bammer, or even florida.  What he does have to do is win at least 6 games.  That was my floor coming into the season and it hasn't changed. I don't care who the 6 wins are, don't care who the 6 losses are, just get to 6. 

After Saturday, 6 wins will be an accomplishment.  It will have to start this coming Saturday.  I hope it does.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 12:46:50 EDT »

I'm not done with Pruitt, and he doesn't have to beat uga or bammer, or even florida.  What he does have to do is win at least 6 games.  That was my floor coming into the season and it hasn't changed. I don't care who the 6 wins are, don't care who the 6 losses are, just get to 6. 

After Saturday, 6 wins will be an accomplishment.  It will have to start this coming Saturday.  I hope it does.
Dang Bandit, I agree. I hope we are over estimating how bad things are.

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 12:49:04 EDT »

Heard a couple of different talking heads today say that Poot knew he lost the team last year towards the end of the season with his gruff personality.  Said he is trying not to lose them this year, which is the reason why he is a kinder, gentler version of Coach Poot.

My thought is that he's tried to be more "player friendly", and we lose to Georgia fizzleing State.  Kick their asses.  If they can't take it then they can move their candy asses to the transfer portal and if anybody actually wants them.

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 12:52:37 EDT »

Pruitt's buyout is around 9.5 million so he's here for a while....IMO he was told after kicking the white board and knocking over a Gatorade bucket last season to calm it down....You know like Fulmer who stood on the sidelines and looked like slug. And I think Pruitt has said F it.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 02:40:40 EDT »

That was my floor too, but after losing last Sat I'm gonna little more on the other side.  In other words, beat someone we shouldn't.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 01:24:31 EDT »

How did this team beat UK and Auburn last year? Makes no sense.

volsboyinsodak
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 03:37:12 EDT »

While I'm not quite ready to say "he's done" myself, I agree it's about as red of a red flag as you can get.  I know we ain't beating Bama or UGA this year, but if we were to go to UF and win and then get a few of the last half of the season SEC games he would make up some ground for me honestly.  I know it's not likely based on what we saw on Sat, but it's not impossible like Bama and UGA.  Ga State is unforgivable, this is true... but it's still to early to say JP is done for me.  As bad of a loss as that was, 1 game into his second season is still too early IMO.

I'm hanging what shred of hope I have left on the fact that we paid no attention to Ga St and didn't plan for them whatsoever and combined with the fact that they played really well for 4 quarters led to the debacle we saw, and that we will see a diff team come Saturday.  Which is why Sat is such a big game/must win game to me... it will tell us if Ga St was an outlier or if we're really that poorly coached and prepared week in and week out.. cause there is absolutely no excuse for them not to be fired up and prepped for BUY.

well spoken

11B4PJ3F7
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: