VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 02:54:48 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So does Georgia have a shot against LSU in the SECCG?  (Read 5776 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2011, 11:38:36 EST »

I don't really think Georgia has a chance.  It would be funny,however, to see how badly that would screw up the BCS picture

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
10EC
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 12:16:36 EST »

I don't really think Georgia has a chance.  It would be funny,however, to see how badly that would screw up the BCS picture

LSU has to beat Arky first....
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 12:18:13 EST »

I think they have a shot no matter who they play.

Probably it will end up being a closer game than anyone expects, but the West team will still win.  But if the West team makes a few mistakes, sure uga could win.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 08:45:39 EST »

I think LSU in BCS as #1 seed. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:53:12 EST »

If LSU and Bama win this weekend, they'll play for the BCS title no matter what happens in the SECC.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 01:53:07 EST »

Nt sure I agree.  If lsu loses in seccg they might slip below Stanford or osu

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 02:24:04 EST »

Nt sure I agree.  If lsu loses in seccg they might slip below Stanford or osu

IMO they're so far ahead in the BCS it wouldn't matter.  That is, unless Georgia just obliterated them.. which I don't see happening.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 04:40:35 EST »

LSU will beat Arky by atleast 10 and UGA by atleast 14 pts..and if they play Bama in a rematch on a neutral field they will win by more than a fg next time...their defense is that good..just my opinion
BigOrange Maniac
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 04:43:24 EST »

Their defense is very good. And it still bugs me to know that UT had that much or more (usually more) talent on defense throughout the '90s and into the early '00s, but with the exception of '98, our defense was never that good. (And, actually, this year's LSU defense is probably a little better than our '98 defense in some ways.) I was one of those who advocated bringing in a fresh DC when Fulmer retired. After seeing what Chavis can truly do without being under Fulmer's thumb, I wish he were still here.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 05:46:35 EST »

Their defense is very good. And it still bugs me to know that UT had that much or more (usually more) talent on defense throughout the '90s and into the early '00s, but with the exception of '98, our defense was never that good. (And, actually, this year's LSU defense is probably a little better than our '98 defense in some ways.) I was one of those who advocated bringing in a fresh DC when Fulmer retired. After seeing what Chavis can truly do without being under Fulmer's thumb, I wish he were still here.
Chief always had good defenses ranked in the top 10 in stats every yr..it was Fulmer making the mistake of putting Sanders as OC after Cutcliff left and leaving him there too long with offensive stats at the bottom of the nation..like in '05..we had a defense that was ranked i think 3rd against the run and top ten overall and still had a losing season...WTF??
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 06:38:11 EST »

IMO they're so far ahead in the BCS it wouldn't matter.  That is, unless Georgia just obliterated them.. which I don't see happening.

Well you have to recall that the human polls dominate the computers in the current BCS.  So I think that if lsu loses the SECCG the voters put Isuzu or Stanford ahead of them.  In fact it was the debacle of ou losing their conference and facing lsu that led to the change. So I am speculating... but if lsu loses the SECCG the voters should vote them lower...because that's why the change wads made
  Just MO
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 06:43:16 EST by BanditVol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 06:52:42 EST »

I have to disagree about the d.  Our d was flat awesome from 98 to 01and IMO with the exception of 2007 was pretty solid after that.

And chavis is on the record as saying he never had as much talent at UT as he has this year at Lsu although he may have meant the secondary  specifically.  I would have loves to see Chief stay.  However many wanted a clean sweep.  Those people got their wish.  I hope they are happy now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: