VTTW Board Index
May 18, 2024, 11:50:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking at the rest of the schedule I think the best we will do is 6-6.  (Read 4054 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 17, 2012, 03:40:54 EDT »

I think we lose to Missouri because they will pass us to death and we don't have enough cover guys for MSU (see brewer)  and they should better or equally capable skill guys.  It will be a shootout and with our penchant for getting behind we never put pressure on the other teams offense. I'll say that we beat Troy, vu and ky to hit the 6-6 mark.

I said as did most everyone 6-6 would be an absolute worst case scenario for the season. We are staring directly at it.    I never would have thought it and what makes me the sickest about it is that with just an average defense we are 6-0 and in the hunt for the east instead of 3-3.

I do not know what this means for Dooley or his job but I do know to climb back up the ladder at some point you have beat someone you shouldn't. We have not done that yet. Our chances for that signature win this year are gone. UF and UGA were ripe for the picking but we did not take advantage. We will not beat bama or sc. I want to hope we have a chance but we just don't have the horses to beat those guys even if we play flawless. It is depressing.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 03:43:36 EDT »

I agree although I'd say it's a toss up that loss 6 comes from either Mizzou or Vandy.

I know UT fans say that Mizzou has been horrible but you are dead right that they are a huge matchup problem for our defense.

And as much as I hate to say it, I just don't see a lot of difference between UT and Vandy right now.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 04:04:27 EDT »

Missouri is worse than you might think with their backup QB.  They haven't done anything with the backup, and their receivers are IMO pretty average.  They have no run game at all, and a so-so line.

If Franklin comes back, maybe, but I see them as another NC State really.  I think we can handle them at home.

Vandy...who knows.  They looked pretty weak earlier in the year, not so sure about now.

They still seem anemic on offense to me.  Ours is heads and shoulders better.  If we can improve to at least an average D, we could handle them IMO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 04:08:09 EDT »

If we beat Vandy, I sure don't want to see us celebrate again like we just won the national championship.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:37 EDT »

I was talking to a coworker about this earlier this morning. We agreed that the staff would get another year if either (a) they get a win over Bammer or SC or (b) they run the table in November. If we lose 6 games then we will have failed at both and I believe the torches and pitchforks may be enough to cut bait.

Massey's computer and a few quick calculations say that the chances of (a) or (b) are less than 30%. That may not be worth much but a cold calculation is more meaningful to me right now than trying to predict what happens, as I don't have much to add besides bias . . . and certainly not much in the way of warmth.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:41 EDT »

If we beat Vandy, I sure don't want to see us celebrate again like we just won the national championship.

Was it because we beat Vandy or because we won an exciting OT game, and the team hadn't had anything else to cheer about last year?  Let them celebrate.  As hard as it is on us fans, imagine going through last season as a player (shudder).

But to your point, no of course we should not celebrate a win over Vandy like it was the national championship.  But I wonder if some of our other OT wins were also celebrated that way.  I know I celebrated when we beat LSU in 2005, but I was one of only about 500 Vol fans in the entire stadium, so maybe it didn't look quite the same.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 04:33:44 EDT »

Was it because we beat Vandy or because we won an exciting OT game, and the team hadn't had anything else to cheer about last year?  Let them celebrate.  As hard as it is on us fans, imagine going through last season as a player (shudder).

But to your point, no of course we should not celebrate a win over Vandy like it was the national championship.  But I wonder if some of our other OT wins were also celebrated that way.  I know I celebrated when we beat LSU in 2005, but I was one of only about 500 Vol fans in the entire stadium, so maybe it didn't look quite the same.   

I'm being rather snide, I guess. Sure, the players needed to release some pent up frustration and celebrate. I would just like the team to be in a position where a win over Vandy is not that big a deal.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 04:37:16 EDT »

I'm being rather snide, I guess. Sure, the players needed to release some pent up frustration and celebrate. I would just like the team to be in a position where a win over Vandy is not that big a deal.

I know.  But was it a win over Vandy or just a dramatic win with an exciting finish?

You are completely correct...we are an astonishing 1-10 in our last 11 SEC games.   

It's time.  It really is time to win a big one. 

Bammer looks very intimidating, but at least this year, we have managed to stay on the field against top SEC competition and not get blown out like LSU, bammer and Arkansas last year.

If we can hang with UF, uga and even MSU to the extent that a lot of people think we should have won at least a couple of those games,then we can hang with bammer.

And if we get into the 4th quarter and it's close, maybe they finally figure out how to finish.   

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 04:52:53 EDT »

I think Tennessee bags the Missouri Tigers in Neyland

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 07:40:35 EDT »

Agree that we finish 6-6.  I think Vandy beats us.....................well out coaches us to a win.........................

Go Big Orange.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 07:46:12 EDT »

Agree that we finish 6-6.  I think Vandy beats us.....................well out coaches us to a win.........................

[/quote

Tennessee will be Vandy but it will be close like last season

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: