VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 03:11:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Date with Vol girl to gator game Craig list offer  (Read 5313 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 21, 2013, 01:13:02 EDT »

I am sure most of you have seen this elsewhere

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424966/Man-offers-college-football-tickets-date-step-daughter-Craigslist.html

I just have to comment that, given her picture, if I met the age requirement I would have been all over that.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 01:52:49 EDT »

I'm curious............ why was that photo taken in a cheap hotel room?   

Oh well, I haven't met those age requirements in nearly 25 years. Volsboy, how fast can you get to Gainsville? Wear one of those wallets that have a chain, BTW (and take other "precautions").

G   

ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 02:11:59 EDT »

I'm curious............ why was that photo taken in a cheap hotel room?   

I was wondering that too...

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 04:08:20 EDT »

I was wondering that too...

lol, I noticed it also...but I don't think it's like that

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 04:52:18 EDT »

lol, I noticed it also...but I don't think it's like that

Oh I'm not suggesting it is, my little sick humorous brain just clicked and I thought it funny. Coupled with the fact it's on craigslist, it just tickled me in a funny way. I really do think it's a funny listing, though. It's like, "What's the catch here?"; take my daughter, please! I got a great laugh out of this.

G
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 03:17:10 EDT »

Maybe "mom" is the Pimpette!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 06:05:01 EDT »

Oh I'm not suggesting it is, my little sick humorous brain just clicked and I thought it funny. Coupled with the fact it's on craigslist, it just tickled me in a funny way. I really do think it's a funny listing, though. It's like, "What's the catch here?"; take my daughter, please! I got a great laugh out of this.

G

The thing is, if a guy is offering a free ticket to take his daughter, you might think she was unattractive, but that's not the case at all   

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 02:51:14 EDT »

And now, "The rest of the story"...........

Roy Exum: The Free Florida-UT Ticket
Thursday, September 19, 2013 - by Roy Exum

Roy Exum Gary Yates felt sorry for his step-daughter when her date for this weekend’s Florida-Tennessee football game on Saturday told her he couldn’t go to the game. So the fun-loving Yates hatched an idea to make sure the pretty Jessica Flanagan would still have a good time.  He placed an ad on The Craigslist website in Gainesville on Monday and included three pictures of the pretty girl in the women-seeking-men area.

Here’s what Gary, a lifelong Vols fan now based in Denver, offered some lucky guy:

“One Free ticket for the Tennessee-Florida Football game this Saturday (cost to me, $150) on the 40 (yard line) for the right gentleman. You must be an attractive, professional, single, well-educated gentleman, with a good sense of humor, 25-33. You also must not be threatened by an attractive, professional, single well educated lady, (as she is). If you do not qualify, please pass this ad to a friend.

“The fine print: I lied! (Sorry...not totally free). Your cost will be a modest dinner, drinks and delightful conversation with her before or after the game.

“P.S. (Being a Tennessee Vols fan is not required but is highly desirable). Only those that respond with pictures and resume will be considered! Be creative! Thanks!”

As you might expect, the response to the ad has been tremendous, so much so that Gary made last night at midnight the deadline and promised to contact the winner by 10 a.m. this morning. “My mailbox is full,” Yates told Yahoo Sports yesterday. “I've had a couple of lighthearted responses, one of them was hilarious, but yeah, it's been mostly serious responses — I would guess, I don't know, 30 or 40 …”

Yates said he would talk to Jessica before making the selection and notifying the winner. He also hopes the Vols can overcome being a 14-point underdog. The game begins at 3:30 p.m. at Florida Field.

royexum@aol.com

Source: chattanoogan.com
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:55:09 EDT by GreggO » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 03:00:59 EDT »

wtf... 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 04:13:11 EDT »

And now, "The rest of the story"...........

royexum@aol.com

Source: chattanoogan.com

Yeah I saw that.  I think the whole thing is pretty funny.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 05:30:33 EDT »

And now, even more on the "Rest of the Story".....................   (Source: WVLT-TV Knoxville local channel 8).

Craig's List blind date goes horribly wrong during Vols/Gator game
Share on email Share on redditShare on twitterShare on facebookBy: Kyle Warnke - Email
Posted: Tue 9:52 PM, Sep 24, 2013 KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) Remember last week when a woman's step-father offered a free ticket to the Vols/Gator game to anyone willing to take his step-daughter on a date? It turns out, that date was a train-wreck from the beginning.

Jessica Flanagan explained that soon after she chose the man lucky enough to earn a free ticket and the pleasure of her company, he told her he was already in a relationship.

"He told me that he decided the night before to become exclusive with her, right after I had chosen him," Flanagan said. "They weren't officially together, and they decided to become exclusive right after that point. So that actually made it even worse."

As bad as that may be, her weekend was on a downward slide from there.

"He didn't even really thank my step-dad for the ticket to the game, or really even talk to him or my mom the entire game."

Just wait, it continues to trend in the wrong direction. The guy she picked is a radio host in West Palm Beach. His name is is Joe Colella. Flanagan said she thinks the whole thing was a publicity stunt on their end. She said Colella spent more time worrying about work while he was at the game than he was concerned about spending time with her.

But hang on, the date isn't over yet. Part of the deal on Craig's List was the gentleman had to take Flanagan to dinner. Evidently that didn't happen either.

"He said he wasn't hungry, so we never had dinner," Flanagan said. "But he did pay for drinks."

Flanagan said she still had fun and she isn't upset or mad about the situation. She was just shocked that so much could go wrong for a simple date.

End of story.

(Another FL prick)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 06:01:11 EDT »

(Another FL prick)

yep...its a shame, shes probably really nice

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: