VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 04:02:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saturday is puppy homecoming day...  (Read 3885 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2014, 02:26:54 EDT »

The breeder just sent me this latest pic- he's getting big!  I've never owned a lab before, but isn't this really big for 6 weeks? 

10EC
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:03:09 EDT »

I am soooo freaking jealous.  I buried my yellow about 4 years ago.

You are in for so much fun. 

Nice muzzle on him.  going to be a pretty dog.
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:43:12 EDT »

No. My only warning is watch out about holding in your lap and cuddling. From that moment on you will have created a lap dog. Our Bonnie was a 90 lb lap dog until she died. I still miss her.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 03:47:57 EDT »

I am soooo freaking jealous.  I buried my yellow about 4 years ago.

You are in for so much fun. 

Nice muzzle on him.  going to be a pretty dog.

Thanks.  Most of his littermates are much lighter- almost white.  But I wanted a darker dog.  I'm still amazed at his size.  Using my last dog Henry as a reference, he wasn't nearly that big at six weeks.  And weimaraners grow up to be roughly the same size as labs.

10EC
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 04:09:54 EDT »

If you had a weimaraner, then you will be amazed how less strung a lab is.  They still need TONS of play, but they sit still as well.

I just don't have the yard in Atlanta I had in Knoxville so I'm going to have to wait until I retire to get another lab.  I WANT a retirement lake house so I can just sit on a dock and throw a dummy until the lab won't retreive.  (which never happens).
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 05:21:21 EDT »

And his name will be???????

G
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 08:26:35 EDT »

G

Janzen
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 08:55:21 EDT »

My daughter has one just like him...named Drake. He is going on 2 years old. They are fun dogs. Have great dispositions.

volsboyinsodak
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 10:44:50 EDT »

Of all the breeds I've owned, labs are far and away my favorite. They require a lot more than most breeds, even other sporting breeds, which is why I don't currently have one. I just don't have the time to devote to them. They're a barrel of fun and extremely loyal. When I'm old and retired, and have nothing to do but sit on the front porch and wait on the grandkids to show up, I'm gonna have two labs, two goldens and two beagles. Well, maybe more than two beagles. As long as they've got open space to run in, they're fine and require nothing else. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 10:46:32 EDT by Creek Walker » Logged
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:48:33 EDT »

G

He'll be named Murphy, after a certain former baseball player who SHOULD be in the HOF.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 01:01:33 EDT »

No. My only warning is watch out about holding in your lap and cuddling. From that moment on you will have created a lap dog. Our Bonnie was a 90 lb lap dog until she died. I still miss her.

A lap dog is exactly what I want.  I lost Henry last October.  Sometimes, when I'm sitting on the sofa watching TV, I halfway expect him to come strolling in, step up on to the couch, and lay his head in my lap like he used to do.  I got so used to unconsciously playing with his big floppy ears that I had no idea what to do with my hands for a long time after he was gone.  It took a while to get over him, but I'm ready for another dog now.

SmokeyJoe
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 05:12:20 EDT »

Beautiful pup. He will bring you much joy :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: