VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 04:47:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Score predictions?  (Read 4613 times)
Creek Walker
« on: September 11, 2015, 08:11:41 EDT »

On one hand, Oklahoma's strengths line up well against Tennessee's weaknesses. The Sooners' deep threat is legit, and we all saw what happened to Tennessee in that area of the field last week. On the other hand, Tennessee's defense was ranked 12th in the country last year, returns almost everybody, along with its coaches, so there's no reason last week's performance wasn't an anomaly.

On one hand, Oklahoma appears to have issues on the O-line. On the other hand, Tennessee's D-line didn't look overly impressive against Bowling Green.

On one hand, Tennessee's running game looked very good against Bowling Green and Oklahoma's running game looked very average against Akron. On the other hand, the Falcons' defense is one of the worst in FBS and the Sooners were vanilla with their play-calling.

All of which adds up to -- two pretty evenly matched teams. Nothing would surprise me in this game. If Tennessee wins in a romp, if Oklahoma wins in a romp, or if it goes down to the wire, I'll be partially expecting it. If the crowd gets rocking early, it could be a long night for Oklahoma. No one on this Sooners roster has encountered a crowd like the one they'll encounter tomorrow, regardless of what Stoops says. But if Oklahoma strikes big early and Neyland goes into its typical shell, that could be a big swing in Oklahoma's favor.

I think Tennessee is a year away, but not for the reason a lot of other people say this team is a year away. I think there's enough talent to compete with a team like Oklahoma right now, but I think Tennessee still has to learn to win. There's no better time to learn to win than when you have 100,000+ at your back, but that might not happen. I'm going to say Oklahoma 34, Tennessee 31.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 08:46:52 EDT »

If we can keep Cam on Sterling Shepard most of the game I think we stand a chance of slowing them down in the passing game, and based on their opener I suspect they will have trouble running the ball. DeDe Westbrook looks like he could cause some trouble for DBs but he checks in at 167 lbs. Eman is not going to get out-physicaled by this guy like he did by Gehrig Dieter. In fact their four starting WR go 190, 195, 167, and 162, with none over 6'1", so I think their quickness may be more of a challenge than their size. It'll be interesting to see if that plays in our favor. I do think they have a couple of taller WR down the depth chart a little.

Offensively I hope we can run right at them. They are fast but undersized in spots in their front 7 and I think Jalen can do some damage if he gets any holes. I suspect they''ll try to take this away and make us pass, though, and getting Pig back will be absolutely critical. If Dobbs makes good decisions, I think we can score points. If not, that's a big way we could lose the game IMO.

I agree with all of your comments suggesting this is a very close, even matchup. I think home field makes the difference.

Vols 34, OU 28

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 09:12:10 EDT »

It would seem ya gotta figure on a high scoring game...

31-29 VOLS win...

Vols have around a 2 score lead early on, and the Sooners miss a 2 pt conversion try near the end of the game....

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:23:19 EDT »

Overall two evenly matched teams, but I think that we have a score to settle with the Sooner Schooners from Norman.  UT needs to win and Striker has done Stoops no favors running his mouth in public.  You will notice that there had been a quiet aura from The Team on Twitter and nothing has been said to give The Schooners any BB material.  Frankly we could lose this one, and we might, but I think that this team is ready to prove that they have what it takes to WWFDT the Schooner Nation......

UT 34 Schooners 27

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:36:37 EDT »

41-31 Vols.  It will be a shootout. Vols special teams will be key, and Oklahoma will have a couple of costly turnovers.

HawkiVol
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 10:07:06 EDT »

41 - 38  I think whoever has the ball last will win it.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 05:33:15 EDT »

It all comes down to who ever protects the ball the best....I see the Vols win in a tight one..31-27..Go Vols!
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 11:45:30 EDT »

I think all the trash talking that OU has done will just stoke the fire for the team and the fan base that is beyond hungry to win this kinda game. I think the Vols win comfortably. Vols 42-OU 24

GO VOLS!!!   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 06:52:57 EDT »

OU-35
UT-24
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 07:38:03 EDT »

We got this.  42-24.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 10:11:24 EDT »

38-28 Vols
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 11:06:01 EDT »

They asked Hurd about Striker's comments on Game Day this morning and he just said no comment but had a look on his face like he couldn't wait to run Striker over on the field..Vols win a close one 31-27..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: