VTTW Board Index
May 05, 2024, 06:15:15 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grant Williams has this bad habit of...  (Read 2391 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2019, 08:56:01 EST »

...ramming his face into opponents' elbows. How does he expect to stay on the floor by committing such egregious fouls?

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 09:11:31 EST »

Given the time on the clock, the game situation, and the position on the floor...that might have been the worst call I've seen in a couple of years. Tennessee can blame itself for the loss. The top-ranked, 19-wins-in-a-row team has disappeared and we all knew it even before we went up to Rupp last Saturday. This team is just not playing up to its capability, and didn't today. However, that was an infuriating way to end a game. That's a no call in any situation. Anthony Jordan insisted on making the game about himself way too often today, and he certainly did it on that last call.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 09:14:58 EST »

LSU out muscled us today plan and simple......Getting to be a habit. We found more ways to lose this game at the end than a Butch Jones coached team did. For a veteran team we play very stupid at times.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 09:23:02 EST »

LSU out muscled us today plan and simple......Getting to be a habit. We found more ways to lose this game at the end than a Butch Jones coached team did. For a veteran team we play very stupid at times.

We did some stupid stuff for sure.  The decision to take that shot at the end by Turner was atrocious.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 09:43:11 EST »

If it's a foul with 19 minutes to go, it's a foul at the end. It was a hustle play, but it was a foul.

The shot by LT was a really stupid decision.

LSU's best player didn't play and Reid was a no-show and we let a freshman shred our D. It was actually unbelievable watching him shoot layup drills on at least 3 possessions.

This team hasn't played really good basketball for a while now. We've been on cruise control against average teams and now we need the type of play that we saw in November and December. Hopefully they can get that magic back, but it's not a switch that can simply be turned on and off.

I'm hoping for a deep run in the NCAAT.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 10:19:31 EST »

It would suck to end up losing the SEC regular season then not win the SEC tourney. Starting to look like it could happen. Hope they don't play their way out of a number one cede in the NCAA tourney. Not playing well at all.

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 10:30:23 EST »

IMO the 1 seed is out the window....We are more likely a 4-5 seed right now than a 1 seed.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 10:31:23 EST »

Yeah, 1 seed out the window.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2019, 10:43:01 EST »

Maybe if they beat UK in Knoxville. Hard to believe some folks were thinking we might make the Final Four just over a week ago. Right now a sweet 16 looks doubtful. Hope they turn it around.

volsboyinsodak
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2019, 10:47:09 EST »

Maybe it's my glasses and their shade, but I still think a 1-seed is possible. We cannot lose another regular season game if that is to happen. We would also need a good showing in the SECT (maybe even a championship).

I still believe that this team has the chance to make a deep run in the NCAAT. To do that, however, they'll have to get back to being the team that they were in November and December - with that same focus, intensity and determination.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 11:03:21 EST »

Maybe it's my glasses and their shade, but I still think a 1-seed is possible. We cannot lose another regular season game if that is to happen. We would also need a good showing in the SECT (maybe even a championship).

I still believe that this team has the chance to make a deep run in the NCAAT. To do that, however, they'll have to get back to being the team that they were in November and December - with that same focus, intensity and determination.

Yes, the million dollar question is can they get back to that. Can they be the team that beat Gonzaga again?

If they can, everything is still on the table (besides an SEC regular season title, I don't think we'll win out and LSU will be heavy favorites in their remaining games).  If not, it will be a good year with a thrilling beginning and a disappointing finish.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 04:42:11 EST »

LSU has to play at Bama and at FL. They have been winning really close games, but I don't think they win their remaining 4 games. UT does have the hardest path, but we have our chance.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: