VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 04:19:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On two topics below concerning coaches  (Read 1739 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:37:33 EDT »

Urban LIAR - HELL fizzleING NO!

Fulmer - HELL fizzleING NO!

PERIOD.DOT.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 09:11:55 EDT »

If you want to lose me as a fan forever, hire Urban, I would be done. I'd rather ride out Pruitt's contact with a single win than sell our collective souls to be competitive.

11B4PJ3F7
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 09:21:53 EDT »

If you want to lose me as a fan forever, hire Urban, I would be done. I'd rather ride out Pruitt's contact with a single win than sell our collective souls to be competitive.

Haha, I might feel that way about Satan, but odds that he is available are very low and odds he would take the UT job are zero, if not negative.

But how would you feel about SOS?   

Not that he's likely to leave the XFL,but...you never know.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 09:29:30 EDT »

Saban is better than Urban, hands down. Urban shielded two murderers in order to win.

I'd be fine with SOS. He was a dick, but he has morals

11B4PJ3F7
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 09:30:48 EDT »

This is surreal. Hard to understand how you could fizzle it up like Pruitt apparently has.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 10:24:37 EDT »

Not SOS!  He quit recruiting at SC and the program slid quickly. Then he quit mid-season.

They are suffering for that right now.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 10:31:47 EDT »

Haha, I might feel that way about Satan, but odds that he is available are very low and odds he would take the UT job are zero, if not negative.

But how would you feel about SOS?   

Not that he's likely to leave the XFL,but...you never know.   

The XFL folded in 2001. I believe you're referring to The Alliance, which has already gone belly-up as well.  In any event, Spurrier is 74. His coaching days are through.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 12:42:38 EDT »

The AAF folded after 5 games I think.....SOS team was undefeated and he claimed they were champions because they were unbeaten.

The XFL is about to start up early Spring....they'll probably ask him to coach one of those teams too.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 01:51:38 EDT »

Well I heard that Stoops was coaching in the XFL. I guess that means he is lined up to do so in the spring.  I assumed SOS was going to also, since as I understand it the XFL is trying to pick up where the Alliance left off.

Looks like Stoops will in fact coach in the XFL.  Maybe he's trying to build a resume for the NFL.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/02/07/bob-stoops-coach-dallas-franchise-xfl-starting-next-season/2803418002/

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 02:13:57 EDT »

Well I heard that Stoops was coaching in the XFL. I guess that means he is lined up to do so in the spring.  I assumed SOS was going to also, since as I understand it the XFL is trying to pick up where the Alliance left off.

Looks like Stoops will in fact coach in the XFL.  Maybe he's trying to build a resume for the NFL.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/02/07/bob-stoops-coach-dallas-franchise-xfl-starting-next-season/2803418002/

Actually the XFL was formed before the AAF even started their season....If the AFF had made it to year 2 they were going to co-exist or that was what they were hoping. By what I've read the XFL has some big money backing and TV money. They are saying it's not going to have that circus atmosphere like the last XFL did...Good!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: