VTTW Board Index
May 08, 2024, 01:45:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Then, now and later.  (Read 1683 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:26:25 EDT »

Looking back over our previous games, the ones that disappoint me the most are the ones against Florida and South Alabama.  I think we could have had considerably better showings against these two teams. Sure, we beat USA, but we could have performed better.  Other than those two games, I think we either showed where we are as a program to even performing above where our talent level indicates we should perform.

Right now, the cat is out of the bag with Dobbs.  We saw him come in against the number 1 team in the nation and execute the offense effectively. I think it would be futile to step back with Worley. Dobbs redshirt is now gone, so it's in our best interest to move forward with him. I believe we can win (and win now) with Dobbs.

That leads to what to look forward to.  Even though the playbook may be smaller with Dobbs, it will at least open up a legitimate run threat from our qb. Overall, I believe we can be more effective on offense.  Defensively, we have to address the edges. There just doesn't seem to be an excuse for our db's getting sucked so far inside with no chance of recovering. Tim Priest was beside himself on this yesterday. He used some form of the word "idiot" in describing the issue.  I can't remember if he called someone an idiot or if if said it was idiocy to fail over and over in that regard. Anyways, I agree with him.

In a nutshell, we are performing better than our depth of talent indicates. I'm optimistic about getting to a bowl game with a 6-6 record.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:37:46 EDT »

Well said. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:19 EDT »

I agree with most of it, but I think we played poorly against bammer and Oregon.  I'm not buying that we "should" get beat like that just because they are no 1-2 in the country.  We could have kept both games closer IMO.  Still, at the end of the day, a loss is a loss so it probably doesn't matter that much.

I have no idea what Butch is planning for Missouri with the QBs, nor even if Worley's thumb is too bad to go.  I would not mind seeing Dobbs get a shot.  He looked very good under the circumstances yesterday.  But...if Worley is healthy and Dobbs struggles a bunch, put Worley back in if necessary.  In other words, play whoever gives us the best shot at the time to win the game.

If Dobbs does start, and I have no idea if he will, then by all means I hope he does well enough to make the frosh All-SEC team.     But I am also prepared to be disappointed because he might not do well.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: