VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 01:04:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyams confirms: Worley out 4 weeks with torn ligaments in thumb*  (Read 3352 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 29, 2013, 07:22:44 EDT »

nt
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 07:58:10 EDT »

Is Peterman back in the mix yet? 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 08:38:30 EDT »

Is Peterman back in the mix yet? 
the cast is off.  However I don't expect to see him realistically available till the pick-a-nicknames game at the earliest.

For Saturday it is two freshmen QBs ...

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 09:27:36 EDT »

For Saturday it is two freshmen QBs ...

And it may be painful to watch on occasion, as he/they will make mistakes. But it's a pretty exciting time for UT football nonetheless:

* Freshman QBs

* Coaches that know what the hell they're doing

* 4 games remaining that will determine our standing in the East and our bowl opportunities. Anywhere from 0-4 wins is possible.

Despite the ugliness of the last game I am pumped as hell for the next 4.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 10:04:40 EDT »

And it may be painful to watch on occasion, as he/they will make mistakes. But it's a pretty exciting time for UT football nonetheless:

* Freshman QBs

* Coaches that know what the hell they're doing

* 4 games remaining that will determine our standing in the East and our bowl opportunities. Anywhere from 0-4 wins is possible.

Despite the ugliness of the last game I am pumped as hell for the next 4.

Actually, even knowing that they are going to make mistakes I am more positive in our chances Saturday and far more positive we at least win 6.  That is perhaps the main reason I decided to go to Columbia.

One thing to go along with the QBs  and going back to my discussion with the pistol last week.  One improvement I saw Saturday was receivers gaining seperation against press coverage, something that wasn't happening as little as two games ago.  Now were were not getting "open" as much as getting enough seperation to catch a well thrown ball.  North has really improved in that area.  Croome has really improved lately as well.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 10:21:31 EDT »

Maybe I'm guilty of being blindly optimistic, but my hopes for the rest of the season have been ratcheted up a notch.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 10:28:16 EDT »

apparent understanding and awareness shown by Dobbs Sat, he also seemed to have good zip on the ball as well as touch when called for...his mobility adds another dimension that the D will have to be aware of....I think with a week of preparing as the starter he can only improve even further....look out Mizzou THE VOLS ARE A COMIN'. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:47 EDT »

I couldn't believe they opened up the playbook (relatively speaking) for Dobbs last week.  I was sure that if we saw Dobbs we'd see a lot of safe passes and handoffs but he came out throwing it down the field so that has got me pumped.  He also seemed fearless.  Once he was running to the right and instead of going out of bounds he cut it up into the teeth of the Bama D. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 12:52:25 EDT »

Maybe I'm guilty of being blindly optimistic, but my hopes for the rest of the season have been ratcheted up a notch.

A notch.  Cautiously hopeful.    The added dimensions Dobbs brings to the position should help, but he also has to minimize mistakes.  For all his shortcomings, Worley had learned to do that (at least against UGA and SC).  Never a dull moment.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2013, 03:31:35 EDT »

I think we all may have seen the last of Justin Worley in a Tennessee Vols uniform at the end of the year. I think that barring some drastic change he will transfer out at the end to the year. If he does I wish him all the luck in the world and for me he will always be a Tennessee Volunteer. He did the best he could, faced a boat load of criticism and  alot of plain old bashing. To his credit he never retaliated and never complained. That is a testement to his character and the job his parents did in raising him up. So, if he does leave I hope he goes somewhere that he can be the best he can be. God Speed and good luck to him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: