VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 02:18:58 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NBA season starts tonight......  (Read 4128 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: October 29, 2013, 07:55:26 EDT »

I am so not excited. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2013, 08:01:50 EDT »

I am so not excited. 

The Finals start the first week in June, so that's the time I may start paying attention.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2013, 10:56:45 EDT »

NBA?  What is this NBA you speak of?   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 11:02:09 EDT »

'Bout time, too! It's time for LeBron and the Heat. All of the Braves fans were starting to get restless since the Cowboys suck this year.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 01:50:02 EDT »

I care so much about the NBA I haven't watched a total of 20 minutes combined in the last 30 years.......and that was 19 minutes and 59 seconds too much, the other second I was searching for the remote to change channels.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 03:05:58 EDT »

'Bout time, too! It's time for LeBron and the Heat. All of the Braves fans were starting to get restless since the Cowboys suck this year.

You do realize that the Braves are a Southern team, and that most of us here are native Southerners, right?  Not saying there aren't any bandwagon Braves fans out there- but for most of the ones here, they are our "local" team that we grew up with. 

And there are several teams out there right now with bigger frontrunning fanbases- look no farther than the two still playing, to name a couple. 

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 03:08:54 EDT »

You do realize that the Braves are a Southern team, and that most of us here are native Southerners, right?  Not saying there aren't any bandwagon Braves fans out there- but for most of the ones here, they are our "local" team that we grew up with. 

And there are several teams out there right now with bigger frontrunning fanbases- look no farther than the two still playing, to name a couple. 

I wasn't aiming my snarky, tongue-in-cheek comment at anyone "here." I was making a general statement. But, yeah, there are lots of bandwagon Braves fans.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 02:46:54 EDT »

Yep.  Don't really give a tinker's damn what anybody thinks about my Braves.  My Dad took me to my first Braves game at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium in 1968 and I have been a fan ever since - through the good years, and through those gawd awful 100 plus loss years, too. 

Every team out there has bandwagon fans, and especially in this day and time with social media, sports stalk (spelled like I intended) radio, the interwebz, and cable/satellite TV where you can pretty much see any game contested live.  The fact that the Braves have its share of bandwaggoners doesn't really make any difference to my lifelong fandom. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 02:51:05 EDT »

Boy, you Braves are a touchy bunch. 
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 03:43:55 EDT »

Boy, you Braves are a touchy bunch. 

Nope.  Just over #badword#s who try to belittle us.          

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 03:49:21 EDT »

Nope.  Just over #badword#s who try to belittle us.          

It's okay. Everyone knows baseball isn't a real sport anyway.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 04:13:36 EDT »

It's okay. Everyone knows baseball isn't a real sport anyway.

I'd say that there are some bandwagon Cardinal fans leaping off that wagon about now. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 05:37:40 EDT »

I'd say that there are some bandwagon Cardinal fans leaping off that wagon about now. 
[/quote

Not me...been a Cards fan for 60 years.....Surprised with the youth they made to the WS this year to begin with. Carp didn't pitch all year and our closer didn't either. Several players were playing in Memphis in June.

I'll bet good money the Cards are back in the WS before the Braves are!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: