VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 08:22:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vols scored high enough on the APR this Spring  (Read 8105 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:01:02 EDT »

to be in the clear. No penalties. (Who else had let that situation fade out of memory?)

What is "high enough," you say? A fizzleing 1000. Perfect score. Through a coaching change.     

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:09:33 EDT »

Nice!
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 01:16:43 EDT »

Well, that sure doesn't suxes.   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 01:17:08 EDT »

to be in the clear. No penalties. (Who else had let that situation fade out of memory?)

What is "high enough," you say? A fizzleing 1000. Perfect score. Through a coaching change.     
I guess CBJ gets one of his bonuses

Good job by the athletes and the academic staff!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 02:19:14 EDT »

Great job. I had thought about that the other day. We didn't need that hanging around.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 04:43:03 EDT »

One less bullet point for negative recruiters to use against us.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 05:01:08 EDT »

This is just all about effort and accountability-- from the players, the coaches, the football staff, the Thornton Center, and other academic personnel at UT. Simply put, it wasn't there prior to January and now it is.

You have to think that Jimmy Cheek absolutely loves this news. I think he 100% wants to support football, but wants to do it with no adverse effects on the academic mission and goals of the university. If Butch & Co. keep doing work like this, he won't have to worry about that.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 06:01:38 EDT »

One less bullet point for negative recruiters to use against us.

Will Muschamp would never do such a thing. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2013, 11:46:27 EDT »

Will Muschamp would never do such a thing. 

Neither would that bald SOB on the West End.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 01:33:47 EDT »

He don't worry about that all the football players are too smart at the west End Academy for Future Rhodes Scholars.....   

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 02:52:04 EDT »

Tbh, I hadn't heard the accusations against him but I should've known...
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 03:05:22 EDT »

Tbh, I hadn't heard the accusations against him but I should've known...

Well, I haven't seen any recruits say so (mostly because we don't go head to head with them as much as others).  But judging by all the BS about us that he tweets for the whole world to see, it doesn't take much imagination to guess what he's saying in private.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 03:51:01 EDT »

Hey, don't hate teh bald peoples 

11B4PJ3F7
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 04:02:38 EDT »

Well, I haven't seen any recruits say so (mostly because we don't go head to head with them as much as others).  But judging by all the BS about us that he tweets for the whole world to see, it doesn't take much imagination to guess what he's saying in private.

Did you see his tweet on 10/19 congratulating UT on the South Carolina win? It was his little subtle way of saying, "Hey, guess what? Y'all beat a highly-ranked team today but so did we."

Asshat.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 04:17:56 EDT »

Did you see his tweet on 10/19 congratulating UT on the South Carolina win? It was his little subtle way of saying, "Hey, guess what? Y'all beat a highly-ranked team today but so did we."

Asshat.

In a few weeks, Vandy and Franklin are going to experience something rare for them- a genuinely hostile crowd at Neyland (or anywhere, for that matter).  For so many years, we just took them for granted as a late season speed bump as we rolled to our bowl game.  And the past few years, our team and our fans had long since mailed in the season by then.  That will not be the case this year.  Not only will we have payback on our minds, we will actually have something to play for.  And if we somehow manage to dodge another noon start, our crowd will be in a nice lather by kickoff.  It's going to be ugly, and I don't think Vandy will be ready for it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 04:19:39 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 12:05:16 EDT »

In a few weeks, Vandy and Franklin are going to experience something rare for them- a genuinely hostile crowd at Neyland (or anywhere, for that matter).  For so many years, we just took them for granted as a late season speed bump as we rolled to our bowl game.  And the past few years, our team and our fans had long since mailed in the season by then.  That will not be the case this year.  Not only will we have payback on our minds, we will actually have something to play for.  And if we somehow manage to dodge another noon start, our crowd will be in a nice lather by kickoff.  It's going to be ugly, and I don't think Vandy will be ready for it.
I've been pointing to that game all year.  I will be there, loud and not in a good mood relative to the comodedoors

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 01:01:02 EDT »

We here on the west end would like to correct this .....he is in the middle not the west.     

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 03:36:05 EDT »

Lets all tweet to @jamesfranklinvu.  Something along the lines of 22 DAYS UNTIL YOU MEET DESTINY........

And then do a countdown.....adding to it more and more and more......

Reckon he would get all freaky and start complaining about his TWITTER account being iunundated....

EmerilVOL

Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 03:37:31 EDT »

James Franklin complain? Surely you jest! James Franklin has never complained about anything. 
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 04:05:44 EDT »

Lets all tweet to @jamesfranklinvu.  Something along the lines of 22 DAYS UNTIL YOU MEET DESTINY........

And then do a countdown.....adding to it more and more and more......

Reckon he would get all freaky and start complaining about his TWITTER account being iunundated....

other than its 23 days till he and his team meet their doom ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 05:20:02 EDT »

other than its 23 days till he and his team meet their doom ...

ok 23 not 22 sheesh picky picky....

but if we started tomorrow it would be 22 and a WAKEUP!!!!!!

EmerilVOL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2013, 03:27:52 EDT »

Getting back to the original topic, here's a short free article from Scout about our APR.  This quote from Daniel Hood is telling:

“It seemed like there was always an issue from when Dooley was here,” Hood stated plainly. “The class checkers didn’t know who they were looking for.”

Jones added structure, just like his military-esque practice schedules.

“The biggest difference is he has measurements on it. He’s not just been preaching do you academics, do your academics, but he’s also going to check up on you,” Hood said. “The system they have now, luckily I don’t have to worry about it because I’m in one class, but for the other guys, coach Jones said he personally goes out and checks classes some days.”

http://tennessee.scout.com/2/1341526.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: