VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 01:21:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another great Vol vid  (Read 8773 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2013, 06:58:05 EDT »

https://player.vimeo.com/video/78164854

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 08:13:28 EDT »

Pardon me, while I find a brick wall to run through.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 09:42:57 EDT »

Good 1!   
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 09:57:37 EDT »

Hell yeah!!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 11:30:22 EDT »

If we ever lose an assistant and find ourselves down a recruiter, I hope they'll get Inky certified to go on the road.  Seems like he'd be a natural at it.

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 01:28:11 EDT »

it is impressive.....makes you get cold chills......

Watch about 2:30 to 2:45 and the UGA punter being blocked and then the TD.....the UGA punter absolutely gets his clock cleaned and laundered!!

I just hope they post the video they show on the JUMBOTRON right before the game starts though....that one makes me want ot run through TWO brick walls!!!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:31:59 EDT by EmerilVOL » Logged

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 01:41:32 EDT »

it is impressive.....makes you get cold chills......

Watch about 2:30 to 2:45 and the UGA punter being blocked and then the TD.....the UGA punter absolutely gets his clock cleaned and laundered!!

I just hope they post the video they show on the JUMBOTRON right before the game starts though....that one makes me want ot run through TWO brick walls!!!

That was an angle on the block I hadn't seen before.  Great angle as well.

Also, did you see Maggitt jumping around?  He was giving the knee a workout

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 03:08:58 EDT »

I saw that but in this case dont blow the redshirt let him keep it on.....

Plus he must be a lot like Maymon and the healing factor of his ligaments....sometimes those things dont heal at the same rates as other parts of the body

EmerilVOL

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 03:17:46 EDT »

The other view on the punt block and return for TD is about 4:12 to 4:22 and the person that cleans up the punter with a wash, rinse, and spin cycle was #26  Geraldo Orta  DB  6-0  176   RS SO      Valdosta, Ga./Lowndes
(there are two #26 on the team but I am betting that the person clocking the punter was Orta and not the Freshman )

That is an outstanding hit the Punter does not get up for about five seconds after that block.

EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 03:27:37 EDT »

The other view on the punt block and return for TD is about 4:12 to 4:22 and the person that cleans up the punter with a wash, rinse, and spin cycle was #26  Geraldo Orta  DB  6-0  176   RS SO      Valdosta, Ga./Lowndes
(there are two #26 on the team but I am betting that the person clocking the punter was Orta and not the Freshman )

That is an outstanding hit the Punter does not get up for about five seconds after that block.

it was Orta

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

EmerilVOL
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2013, 03:39:15 EDT »

it was Orta

In the 2:20 to 2:35 portion of the block Orta looks at the punter and it is like "go ahead get up punter.....I'll clock ya again"

EmerilVOL

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 04:11:51 EDT »

That was awesome! Inky... you can hear and feel the pride he has for Tennessee football. Its a shame football was taken from him that way. I've never entertained the thought of buying a year end highlight video of the Vols until this year. I hope they would think about using the videos they have been putting out as a part of thte package.
I'm wiht whoever it was that said I hope they show that video at the next home game in its entirety. Simply awesome!!!   
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 04:19:14 EDT »

Compare our own Inky Johnson embracing everything about gameday, including the fans and the traditions, to the former Oregon player who said this week that he "loves the Ducks but hates Duck fans" and told all Oregon fans to go F themselves.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2013, 04:22:49 EDT »

Compare our own Inky Johnson embracing everything about gameday, including the fans and the traditions, to the former Oregon player who said this week that he "loves the Ducks but hates Duck fans" and told all Oregon fans to go F themselves.

Who was that? That's just simply pathetic right there.
Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 04:46:30 EDT »

Who was that? That's just simply pathetic right there.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2013/10/canzano_blog_ex-ducks_player_t.html
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 05:10:21 EDT »

Why didn't he identify himself?
Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 05:22:20 EDT »

Why didn't he identify himself?

That was my question, too. If you truly feel like there's a culture problem with your fan base and you want to change it, wouldn't it be much more effective to use your name?

OTOH, if you're going to tell your entire fan base to go take a flying leap, maybe it isn't such a great idea to use your name. 
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 05:26:43 EDT »

After reading that I'm not sure I wouldn't feel the same way he did.
But I do wonder why he didn't identify himself as a former player to them. But, then again they would not have believed him anyway.
I completely disagree with the slave comparison. They do sign scholarship papers, they do get a free education at the expense of others, and they do get free tickets for family members.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 06:11:37 EDT »

After reading that I'm not sure I wouldn't feel the same way he did.
But I do wonder why he didn't identify himself as a former player to them. But, then again they would not have believed him anyway.
I completely disagree with the slave comparison. They do sign scholarship papers, they do get a free education at the expense of others, and they do get free tickets for family members.  

The things he described are unfortunately a problem at most major football schools. We've all seen it at Tennessee and BDV linked the piece about the tweets that were directed at Mizzou's kicker after last week's loss. It's despicable, but it happens. However, stuff like that involves a very small minority of every fan base, and this guy is basically telling the entire Oregon fan base to go screw themselves. I see players like this railing against the fan base and to me it's biting the hand that fed them. I'm not condoning behavior like he describes from fans; it would be nice if we could ban fans like that from ever attending another game. But we also know that these players relish the high-profile nature of college football — all those flashy Oregon uniforms that Nike pays for, the deity status they have on campus, the preferential treatment they get in their academic classes, a sell-out stadium to play in every Saturday, the ESPN facetime, etc., etc. — and without the passion of the fans, none of that would exist. Football would be no different from synchronized swimming or gymnastics or any other college sport that no one cares about.

And that whole paragraph about being enslaved is such a crock. This is the kind of attitude that is becoming prevalent amongst players today and if it continues college football as we know it will be ruined.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 09:27:26 EDT »

http://knoxblogs.com/evanseleven/2013/10/31/tennessee-produced-incredible-bulletproof-video/

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 09:43:51 EDT »

Sounds really expensive. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 10:55:17 EDT »

I found this to be the most interesting, and awesome, part of the story:

Rice chose former Vol football player and current motivational speaker Inky Johnson to do narration. Originally, there was a script for Johnson to read.

"After the session, I said, ‘Let’s just chat while we keep recording,’” Rice said. “Most of what we used was from that — just Inky speaking from the heart.”

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2013, 03:38:10 EDT »

I like this oldie, but goodie

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lrs0J4KgkJw&amp;list=PL6weYoLf7qRI2x7hpfLyDQlatIMKYqqTf" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/lrs0J4KgkJw&amp;list=PL6weYoLf7qRI2x7hpfLyDQlatIMKYqqTf</a>

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: