VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 03:57:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, it looks like at least the aTm coach backs Holly. Do any of you?  (Read 1416 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2018, 06:11:54 EST »

I guess we will see if she's turned it around in the Dance. But there have been just too many games where it looked like coaching was the downfall. I just can't get past that ND collapse.
https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/get-off-hollys-case-lady-vols-basketball-answer-critics
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:37:42 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 08:02:45 EST »

Fans want to point the finger at everyone but themselves.  Vince Dooley is arguably Uga's best coach ever, although they had a guy in the 40s that was pretty good also, but Dooley just barely cleared 500 for the first dozen years of his career at uga.  He finally won an SECC in 76, a dozen years in, and then struck pay dirt with Herschel in the early 80s.  After the Herschel era and the period immediately following it, during which his recruiting was good, he reverted to about 0.600 win percentage.

Point being, today he would not have lasted past 1966.   Majors would have been fired in 1982.  Fulmer would have been under a lot more pressure in 1994 for losing 4 games following a 3 loss season.  And so forth.

Today's fans are off the hook with expectations.  It's fizzleing ridiculous.  Honestly, some fans are so unhappy with everything and anything that IMO they should find something else to do (and also I am sure complain about that!) 

Having said that, I am not 100% happy with Holly.  It does have to be better.  Hopefully it will.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 11:39:48 EST »

If I was one of the other 13 SEC coaches I'd back Holly too. I remember Saban saying a couple of times he thought Dooley was doing a real good job at UT. I'm sure he hoped Dooley would be at UT for several years. He lucked out again when we hired Botch.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 12:43:03 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: