VTTW Board Index
May 07, 2024, 05:37:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My two cents...  (Read 2561 times)
VOLcrazi
Special Teamer

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:16:56 EDT »

The most frustrating thing to me is the fact that Florida was beatable today.  Going into the game, I  thought we had zero chances of winning and I was one of those calling for a change at QB.  I was even okay with Peterman after his first two turnovers, but after that I blame the coaches for not getting him out.  He was completely overwhelmed at that point.  The series when we were down 10-7 and we got the ball on Florida's 30, it was crucial that we get points.  I don't care if you run it 3 times up the middle and kick a field goal, just get points.  Instead, Peterman comes back in and has yet another turnover.  Not just an interception, but something out of the damn Waterboy movie. We literally look like a bunch of misfits on offense.  If I didn't care so darn much, I would watch just to be amused.  I have followed this program for 40 years, and I can honestly say I have never seen us reach the depths that we find our program.   I do believe that Butch can bring this program back to where we all expect.  Its gonna take patience, and patience, and then more patience, but I believe Butch will eventually get us back. Until then, my hope is that we get to experience just 1 win over a team we're not expected to beat. 
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 03:01:45 EDT »

It is going to require the patience that Johnny Majors got.  It took him 10 years to win the SEC, and it was quite a roller coaster even after that. This is the worst stretch ever & looks like it may linger. It is mind boggling that we lost all the momentum from 1998 in essentially 5 years. Steadily down hill since. Depressing.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 03:46:16 EDT »

For better or worse Worley is our qb..I was shocked to see Peterman starting his first game on the road in the Swamp. I think if Worley had started we may have had a shot to win..Who knows but I would not have made a qb change going into the Fla game..If Worley started and stunk it up then I would have but not before
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 06:48:32 EDT »

For better or worse Worley is our qb..I was shocked to see Peterman starting his first game on the road in the Swamp. I think if Worley had started we may have had a shot to win..Who knows but I would not have made a qb change going into the Fla game..If Worley started and stunk it up then I would have but not before

That was what I thought also...start Worley and pull him if he struggles.  Peterman might have been calmer coming off the bench and made less mistakes, assuming he made it in....who knows.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: