VTTW Board Index
May 04, 2024, 07:47:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stackhouse ejected in game at VCU.  (Read 623 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2022, 03:13:03 EST »

https://twitter.com/kyle__boone/status/1598132790830452736?s=46&t=UPMPR04rALvcde0yxXXIAA

Vanderbilt center Liam Robbins was called for a technical foul after completing a dunk, seemingly for tapping his head after the dunk. Stackhouse, unhappy about the call, yelled at the officials about the call. Stackhouse's tirade led to the ejection.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2022, 03:36:48 EST »

https://twitter.com/AwaddRadio/status/1598132331126353920?s=20&t=QOEJB1iHP_iQWq_CGrdPWA

https://twitter.com/AwaddRadio/status/1598130931885146112?s=20&t=QOEJB1iHP_iQWq_CGrdPWA
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 03:38:52 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 05:43:11 EST »

A suspension is coming from the SEC for that little tirade.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 06:43:43 EST »

The T on his player was a terrible call and he had a right to be upset.

But maybe not THAT upset.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 04:48:21 EST »

The T on his player was a terrible call and he had a right to be upset.

But maybe not THAT upset.   

I have never heard or seen of getting a T for patting you're head. You can dunk...do a muscle flex.....pound your chest while screaming and that's fine...just don't pat your head. Unbelievable
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2022, 06:13:44 EST »

I have never heard or seen of getting a T for patting you're head. You can dunk...do a muscle flex.....pound your chest while screaming and that's fine...just don't pat your head. Unbelievable

Yes it was a HORRIBLE call.

The talking heads did say the player was singalling that he was fouled.  It kinda looked like he was actually.  I dunno is claiming you are fouled grounds for a T?  I have never heard it is?

Ref defintely wrong on that one IMO

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2022, 06:16:03 EST »

I thought that they said on ESPN that the player wanted a foul call. I have no idea. If that's the case, he could have said something as well as giving the head pat jesture. It just seems really strange that something so minor could bring a T. Maybe there was a build-up that we don't know about. I'm simply trying to think of things that might have led to a technical foul for something so minor.

All that said, there is no excuse for Stackhouse's resonse, imo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: