VTTW Board Index
May 27, 2024, 10:41:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I hope I'm wrong but I just don't have a good feeling about Denver  (Read 3011 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2014, 02:08:25 EST »

Of course SD beat them already in Denver this year.  Only twice this season was Denver held under 400yds of offense.. both times by SD.  SD is a hot Wild Card team who's playing well and playing loose.  They keep the ball and sustain drives... I think it's really bad matchup.

And if Denver does get by SD, they get NE or Indy.  So NE and the Brady storyline will be there (with Peyton's struggles against them) or the guy Irsay cut Peyton for.  Either way the storyline is going to create a huge amount of pressure on Peyton and Denver (as if there's not enough already) and I just don't feel great about that at all.

However, Peyton can really shut up a lot of critics if he's able to win the next two.  I can't even think about the SB yet.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:17:39 EST »

I don't either. The D is too suspect and the season has taken a toll on Manning, which I suppose is to be expected at his age. If they're going to lose short of the Super Bowl, I hope it's to San Diego. We'd hear the one-and-done stuff from the critics, but that would be better than losing to New England or that Irsay jerk.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 04:24:28 EST »

Yep. I have the same feeling. denver D is not good.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 04:32:05 EST »

Heard a line on NFL network that Phillip Rivers is undefeated to Peyton Manning in the post season all time. Denver's defense has some injuries but they played very good in the first six games without a starter or two. I look for the Bronco's to play with a chip on their shoulder and to try to blow it up. I hope they do, I hope they win another Super Bowl. If not Mannign will always ahve that "well, he only won one superbowl" stigma on him. To me, that don't mean squat, plenty of QB's have only won one SB. Manning is Manning, One of the greatest ever.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 04:39:32 EST »

Chargers have been playing tough football the last few weeks. Defense is getting it done and they are possessing the ball on offense and scoring.

Truthfully, they have been the better team lately. Still with all of that said, their margin for error in this game is slim. Denver's offense will eventually start scoring, and if the Chargers have any turnovers it may get ugly.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 12:39:02 EST »

I don't either.  Aside from the way SD has played them this year, Peyton for some reason struggled vs SD even when he was a Colt.

But I do think they pull this one out....but it will probably be close.

Weird fact....the three other teams in the AFC are the exact three that the Broncs lost to.

You can look at that two ways.  One, it's bad news.  But two, the Broncs only lost to the best!  Which means they are in pretty good shape, IMO.  All three losses were were by one score and two were on the road.  Unfortunately SD was the team that beat them in Denver.

But I think they win....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2014, 03:02:41 EST »

I like the fact they lost to the remaining teams. My system is far from perfect and I've never studied the percentages, but rematches often go to the team that lost the first game. Just a layman's observation. I hope Peyton gets another ring.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2014, 04:04:13 EST »

What concerns me with the Broncos's is the fact the the 3 teams they lost to are in the playoffs. The Bronco's could lose to either of them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: