VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 06:19:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know I'm jaded, but  (Read 3668 times)
Model 12
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:44:03 EST »

Are the rupparees screwing us 3 of every 4 calls?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:44:57 EST »

No.  UK is just THAT good.  TWFDU.

Model 12
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:49:32 EST »

Then they must be REALLY good.  We should be up twelve to fifteen now.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 06:59:10 EST »

I'm not sure which makes the game more unbearable: the Rupparees or Clark Kellogg. Clark needs to wipe the drool off his chin and the officials (as is always the case) need to stop being intimidated and make the right calls.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:24:21 EST »

Really, guys?  Lol, this has been a well officiated game for the most part. But I knew there would be posts here about the Ruparees robbing us. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 07:37:39 EST »

Really, guys?  Lol, this has been a well officiated game for the most part. But I knew there would be posts here about the Ruparees robbing us. 

It's inconsistent. Jarnell Stokes gets bodied every time he touches the ball underneath with no whistle. The same thing gets a whistle on the other end every time. If you don't see that, you're watching a different game than I am.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 07:42:40 EST »

It's inconsistent. Jarnell Stokes gets bodied every time he touches the ball underneath with no whistle. The same thing gets a whistle on the other end every time. If you don't see that, you're watching a different game than I am.

Guess I'm not an expert at officiating.
Creek Walker
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 07:45:52 EST »

On a separate note, watching this Tennessee team play offense is mind-numbingly painful. Nothing new there.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 08:02:48 EST »

We've shot as many FTs as KY.......The twins are killing us....the KY 3 pointers are killing us....The missed 3 footers by us are killing us. Going down the floor throwing it to AIR is killing us. Not getting lose balls is killing us. The refs are not killing us.

Plus with 6 minutes left in the 1st half Cal started working the refs hard and CCM stood over there with a dumb look on his face.
Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 08:06:34 EST »

I did not watch most of the second half. Turned it back on with about 6 to play. I just never see anything from Cuonzo or his team that impresses me as far as his coaching abilities are concerned. 1:08 to play down 8 and you're casually WALKING the ball up court? Missing 4 out of 5 FTs down the stretch? I know some people say that players have to make plays...but they're Cuonzo's players. And their mistakes are consistent.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 08:25:10 EST »

Btw, it's not like I think the officials changed the outcome of the game or anything. I just don't think they're consistent in that building. (One of them was Tony Greene, which doesn't help...he's pretty bad wherever he's reffing.) It's just typical Rupp Arena basketball. How many times did UK ballhandlers extend their elbow to clear space? I counted it many times and I only watched about half the game. Btw, I agree Phil re: the difference between Calipari and Cuonzo. I don't expect Cuonzo to go bonkers on the officials but it's a fairly basic concept that coaches have to work the officials a bit. I admire Cuonzo's restraint and patience but it's maddening to watch sometimes and, I think, detrimental to his team (in more aspects than just officiating).
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 12:13:07 EST »

Would have helped if we had not gone 0-5 on FTs at the end of the game.  Might even have won.  Kentucky basically just out shot us all game.  Had we made a few threes and hit FTs, I believe we could have pulled it off.

I didn't realize we were only 4-36 all time in Rupp.   Although we could have played better, I can handle this loss.  That last loss to A&M was a joke, and the win over Auburn uninspired.

Nevertheless, in theory, this team could still make a run.   Though they have not done anything to impress me this season, they are better than last year.   So I would say the odds of making the dance are better...so far.

Cuonzo Martin seems to be one of those "play not to lose" guys.  Too low key or whatever...they better start playing to win, or this program is going to continue to spiral downward.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: