VTTW Board Index
May 06, 2024, 06:27:22 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Given the circumstances and what was at stake, I think this was Peyton's...  (Read 2343 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 20, 2014, 12:02:42 EST »

...best ever postseason game.  When the yards and points didn't come in bunches at first, he didn't press and try to force things like he often does.  He stayed patient with the run and short passing game, and picked NE apart.  Masterful.

Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 12:09:20 EST »

Absolutely. And we might as well say it: he completely outplayed Brady tonight. In fact, it was Brady who tried to force it too much this time around.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 12:15:43 EST »

Absolutely. And we might as well say it: he completely outplayed Brady tonight. In fact, it was Brady who tried to force it too much this time around.

Yes, WE might as well say it.  Because God knows no one else will.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 12:16:33 EST »

Yes, WE might as well say it.  Because God knows no one else will.
all I hear are fizzleing EXCUSES from the media

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 12:20:14 EST »

Whoever wins this next game, I don't like the matchup for Denver.  But if their D continues to perform like this, they can win it.

Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 01:16:19 EST »

He was almost perfect. The only thing you could downgrade him for his that he was slightly off on a few throws in the end zone or deep in the red zone that would have scored TDs instead of settling for FGs and they would have dispensed with the Pats a lot earlier (though in his defense he had one perfectly thrown ball dropped in the end zone). Still an awesome performance and now it's on to the Super Bowl.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 05:43:05 EST »

Well both guys are great qb's but anyone who thinks Peyton is not as good as Brady is only kidding themselves. Peyton never had the opportunity or team behind him that Brady has. Brady fell into his 1st superbowl when whats his name got hurt, which proves there was already a complete team there. Peyton's Colts were never built to run the ball or play strong defense, so they completely depended on Peyton being great every week to win.

Just take a look at what the Pats did the year Brady was out...won 10 or 11 games. Manning was out a year...won what 3 or 4 games? This game Peyton finally had a better team and guess what Brady couldn't win with a worse team either.   

I am not surprised the talking heads are pointing out all the missing pieces the Pats had. Regardless they lost Bronco's won and with  the game not being in Seattle it will make the game more even. I think it puts Seattle in a bind as they will need to score more than they have the last few weeks. Their defense is very good, but I figure Peyton will get some points. The problem the Broncos have to watch out for is the quirky interception that follows Peyton.

Hard game to handicap for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: