VTTW Board Index
May 10, 2024, 03:31:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Netflix rec...  (Read 2521 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 31, 2016, 06:17:15 EDT »

"Last Chance U" is a 6 part "Hard Knocks" style doc about the East Mississippi CC football program- where many D-1 signees who flunked out or get booted for behavioral issues (Chad Kelley, for one) go to rehabilitate their careers.  I just started the 2nd episode, but I'm already hooked.   Good show to satisfy your football fix a month before the season starts.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 09:14:35 EDT »

Mississippi has some good JUCO football schools. At one time Northwest Miss JC was one of the best in the country. NW was always loaded with D1 talent. When Jimmy Johnson was coaching at the U of Miami he'd send a lot of his Non Qs to Northwest.

I had a good buddy who's son played for us when I was coaching HS football and he went to NW Miss. on a football scholarship and found out real quick he was way out of his league talent wise. He wound up transferring to a NAIA school and did quit well.
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 12:17:20 EDT »

Oooh!  This is good to know!  I'll give it a look see, thanks!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 12:56:02 EDT »

Oooh!  This is good to know!  I'll give it a look see, thanks!

I watched the first four episodes this morning.  Wanted to finish it, but had to turn it off to see the PGAC finish. 

It is fantastic.  One of the best things I've seen on TV this year.  You really feel for some of those kids (and coaches) but some of them (coaches included) are straight up thugs.  The real hero is the poor girl who has to keep them all academically eligible.  Anyway, just watch it. 

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:54:37 EDT »

Want another good Netflix rec? Stranger Things. Those of you who haven't seen it and are a fan of 80s era movies like Poltergeist, ET, Firestarter,Stand By Me, IT, etc. should really enjoy this show. Only 1 season with 8 episodes. I started watching it last night at 6pm and didn't/couldn't stop until I finished all 8 of them. Nostalgic and entertaining, IMO.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 09:29:16 EDT »

Want another good Netflix rec? Stranger Things. Those of you who haven't seen it and are a fan of 80s era movies like Poltergeist, ET, Firestarter,Stand By Me, IT, etc. should really enjoy this show. Only 1 season with 8 episodes. I started watching it last night at 6pm and didn't/couldn't stop until I finished all 8 of them. Nostalgic and entertaining, IMO.

Watched it a couple weeks ago.  It's really good.  Almost like a homage to Speilberg and Stephen King movies.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: